Do you think Star San can cure jock itch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuckit

Reaction score
Or athletes foot or what not. Has anybody cured it with a little Star San (diluted to proper concentrations of course)?

Not sure if trolling ...

untitled (280x280).jpg

Let's say someone I know has an itch and they have a lot of star san but are running low on the traditional pharmacy creams and what not. Has anyone tried this?

Works great if you just apply to duct tape, then tape the affected area. Little hard to take the tape off, just hope there is no hair to pull.:p

On one of the podcasts that the owner did on The Brewing Network he said they're not allowed to advertise as effective but he's heard from people who would soak their feet in it and they claimed it got rid of their foot fungus issues.

I saw the little paper clip and thought there would be a picture a someone's jock itch. I clicked anyway. :drunk:

Cornmeal is supposed to do all sorts of good things.

Don't know about jock itch, but I unknowingly stuck my hand in a batch of very concentrated starsan and it ended up peeling the skin right off my whole hand. Looked like a very bad sunburn, but luckily it didn't hurt.

That's what happens when you try to mix up some starsan after a night of scotch drinking. Measured out the 1/2 oz or so of the acid on the left side, but opened the right cap and dumped half of the starsan bottle into a gallon or so of water.

So..... you want to put phosphoric acid on your balls? Hmmmm, doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

I knew a guy who once cured athlete's foot with Lysol spray; maybe this Starsan idea will work. I say try it & keep us posted, at least for the entertainment value.
Regards, GF.

Back