Any ideas for beer name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have brewed a couple of beers for a local competition. Okay, so I brewed one for it and the other one was an accident that just happens to be the most beautiful accident ever (my child was planned).

I just thought I could get some ideas for naming my brews. I will try to describe them in as few words as possible with necessary details.

1. Pumpkin Ale (sort of) In my opinion pumpkin does not do much for beer. Sure it adds some fermentable sugars, but the flavor is lacking. I figured I could save a lot of time and hassle by making more of a pumpkin spice ale, and it is fantastic. Using a combo of two row, crystal and chocolate malts in combination with fresh ginger, a little cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg I created something that resembles just as well if not better than the flavors of fall without the pumpkin.

2. IPA...hold on. IIIIIIIIIPA, this is big. Imagine the hops from a dogfish 90 min. with the body of a 120 min and the smoothness of a 60 min (ha, 60 min is light beer according to my wife) This beer falls somewhere in between there, or those... or it, whatever.

These beers need names for the entry form. Since I spend most of my time brewing I don't really think of things like that. I live in New England, so anything with a that sort of sense of life might be helpful although it is probably not necessary. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back