• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Corney or two

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
=( too much of a pita to change my disconnects every time I swap kegs =( good to see I'm not the only brewer in south Georgia on the forum tho =P

I have a few hundred ball lock kegs in Denver, CO. Not close but available.
$35.00 each, cleaned, reconditioned, pressure checked to 80psi.

Tom

Thunder - I came across a source that works for Coke about two weeks ago that could get me all the pin locks I wanted for cheap. I really didn't want to switch between pins and ball - but I got to looking at my kegging system and realized for less than $35 I could put a threaded barbed insert in my gas and liquid lines and buy threaded ball and pin connectors. Easy and cheap fix to quickly change from pin to ball - just unscrew one and screw on another. Looked at my father -in -laws setup last night. He already had the treaded connectors and for $12 we can get him running both types. Just an idea if you are torn between kegs.

BigT, that include shipping?(if not what is the price with)
and Eric, yea I got a barb with the nut on my gas line already, so it wouldn't be too painful to buy another and two disconnects, how much did you want each?

I could part with two pins - I'd sell 'em both for $45 or $25 each. Needs cleaning and seal kits. Just got them and haven't even had a chance to clean them up. I'll try to get the guy to bring me 4 or 5 more in a couple of weeks.

We'll I started running numbers and although eventually having the ability to swap inbetween pin and ball will pay itself off, my operation is forced to remain small and the price of pickup/disconnects/ect is just too painful

Be aware that ball lock kegs and pin lock kegs have different thread sizes that the plugs tread onto. All told there were five thread sizes over a period of time, starting as small as 9/16, then getting larger, 19/32, 5/8, 11/16 & 3/4.

Here is a link that really helps identify which tanks have which threads.

http://www.dresselbrew.com/Keg_Info.htm

Good Luck,

By the way, I have brand new threaded for the nut & stem, disconnects 2 pin (gas) or 3 pin (liquid) for $7.50ea. New nut & stem pair $1.50ea in 1/4 or 5/16 barb size. Also have boxes full of tank plugs that were removed from old kegs.

honestly go to your local pepsi dealer I am sure they will let you have some cheap or give them to you. Thats all I did and I had four given to me for free. plus all the quick disconnects and hose I would need.

so lets say I call the pepsi factory in athens GA, what/who(title) should I be asking for? do they call them corney kegs at the factory too?

yeah or maybe call them by cornelius kegs...I actually just stopped in and I think I may have just talked to a driver I am not sure. But just tell them what you are doing and tell them you were told to contact them. When I contacted my local one they said they do it for all kinds of people and they don't mind. Now the guy that told me to do it said he "rents" them for 5 dollars each, but they also tell them they don't care when he gives them back. So you might not get them free I may have got lucky but im sure they will hook you up for a pretty reasonable deal. Every chance I get I deal with pepsi instead just because they are helping me out!

Back