Double Mountain Kriek! Anybody?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravenhead

Reaction score
Hey all you HBT'ers that live in or near the Columbia River Gorge anybody had a chance to drink copious quantities of the Double Mountain Krieks? I am wondering what the base beer is and at what point Brett and cherries were added.

I got to spend a week in Hood River or the summer and every afternoon I would go over to Double Mountain and have a kriek and another pint. The bestman gift from my brother (the reason I was in Hood River) was a tulip glass and a pint glass from Double Mountain. Their beer is phenomenal!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks from Colorado!

Todd

They did two versions this year. I believe only one had brett added to the secondary, but I could be wrong on that. No idea on what the base beer is, probably custom for that recipe, probably just a low hopped golden ale. I'd email the brewer, he'd probably give you some info.

Hope you had a chance to try last years versions, it was even better.

I can't help you with your question, but Double Mountain is one of my favorite breweries in the region. Excellent beer, great location in the gorge, 20 oz pints, family-friendly pub during the day, delicious food! Definitely the best in Hood River.

I fly my fiance and friends down there a lot and always have a crew car at the airport so we can drive to Double Mtn. We come home with growlers of their beer just in time to light off the briquets in the Weber. Grilled rib eye and fresh off the tap DM beer...priceless:mug:

Back