Please help me move to all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have an 8 gallon kettle and will vouch for the fighting boil overs comment. i baby sit my kettle with a spray bottle in hand and the other hand on the propane valve for the first 20mins of my boils.

Clef051 said:
I was just going to post this. I started out with a turkey fryer kit from bass pro with a 7.5 gallon pot. when I went all-grain I bought a 10 gal cooler and a braided hose to make my mash tun.
i got that same fryer and burner at bass pro! I added a steel ball valve to the pot and it works great! Just gotta be careful as you approach boil point during full boils so it doesn't foam over

Am I the only one who first read this as 'ten grams' instead of 'ten gallons'? Now I can't get the idea of brewing a few drops of beer in a thimble out of my head :fro:.

finding them stainless steel thimbles is a real problem plus you need that micro propane burner setup .

where can I buy one of them thimble brew pots ? I need to cut back on the amount of beer I drink and this would help . Do they sell micro beer mugs to go along with it ?

After cold crashing that black sweet rice wine it tastes better yet . If you like grape wines then you would probably like this . it has a grape flavor , rather weak flavor but definitely much better tasting than the white wine . I will make more of this I think

edit : I just tried this without drinking anything else first . It tastes like cranberry juice not grape . Like some white wine mixed with a little cranberry . Not bad . I am not a big cranberry or grape fan but it is drinkable .

Back