Condensation in Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooba

Reaction score
Hello all!! I'm in the beginning phases of my keezer build. I have 2 kegs and co2 bottle on the floor right now without a collar. I noticed alot of condensation this morning along the walls and the co2 bottle. What is a easy solution to this?

Thanks in advance and I will be starting my keezer build thread soon!! Stay tuned!!

Yes, Damp Rid. I bought the bucket that they sell the refillable media for. Saves some cash. Grocery store should carry it.

In the Jan/Feb issue of Zymurgy they have a gadget article and someone submitted that they use plastic Chinese food containers- a lid with 3/8" drilled holes that attaches to the bottom of the container drilled with 1/16" holes. A shallow layer of ice melt is put in the bottom of the container which sets over a deeper solid container (to catch the moisture). Says it draws moisture in and it drips into the lower solid container. I haven't tried it yet (just finished my keezer), but I am going to give it a shot- cheap and easy if it works. If not, damp rid it is.

what you just described is exactly what damp rid does. its the same set up with the two containers and uses the same minerals to draw out the moisture.

Damp rid helps but I still get condensation (Florida). I try to limit opening as best I can, make sure you seal well around the collar and any holes to limit the moisture getting in. I also keep bar towels handy and wipe down the sides when I'm servicing the keezer and fermentation fridges (especially when I have an active fermentation going) as it really helps cut down on the condensation that ends up on the floor of the freezer. For that I just toss a bar towel down there to absorb the moisture. To some extent it is something to live with, keep it clean and wipe down regularly and you should be fine. I have not had any mold issues despite the warm humid climate.

Cheers, Werbi

I'll try some Damp Rid. Thanks everybody for the responses!!

Back