Beer so bad they cant give it away....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man Law #6: Moaning about the brand of free beer is forbidden. However complain at will if the temperature is unsuitable.

If the bud is cold, fine. But if there is something better around me, i'll be taking that instead

I once walked into a beer distributor and was asked if I wanted a free sample of Moosehead Light Lime.......I declined....as did the guy who walked in after I did.....and the guy after him.

Moose Light Lime was actually very good, for a light beer. But I was brewing wihout reserves on a HOT day. So I picked up a 12 pack. It was like a malty-lime soda pop. I'd drink it again, and pay for it.

I wouldn't pay for anything from AHBIbev. Though, if it were free, I might get as much as I could, to keep anyone else from drinking it.

If they took a $20 and used a rubber band to attach it to the neck of the bottle, I'd accept one, as long as I wasn't required to actually drink the beer.

Hmmm....

I would say AB has a successful business model, so.....all the craft breweries should follow suit and have a "National Craft Hour" and give away all their delicious brews!

<wishful thinking>

I guess that's what happens when you sell out to a foreign company. I just don't feel like I'm drinking an American product any more, even though it's still made here. Same thing with Miller/Coors.

If I have a choice, I'll buy the beer owned, operated and produced locally first, then I'll buy beer from an American brewer if it is worthy over any foreign beer.

When I was college in Gainesville at the local brewpub I noticed they had Cave Creek Chili Beer on the menu. Bartender told me he couldn't sell it and I could have all I wanted for free. I thought I had struck gold. I love beer, I love chilies, and I love free. But after about four of them, I got a telegram from my stomach saying, "STOP....YOU KNOW WHAT I'M CAPABLE OF....STOP!!!"

actual bud (not bud light), isnt that bad... It's their own fault, they advertised the crap out of bud light, so people switched to bud light, and are now realizing bud light sucks.

actual bud (not bud light), isnt that bad... It's their own fault, they advertised the crap out of bud light, so people switched to bud light, and are now realizing bud light sucks.

I have not had one in a while, I may stop on the way home and BUY a six pack just as a reminder but I never thought of it as bad beer and not pee either. I love all the double, tripple and quad trappist beers out there for example but I have no real problems drinking the beers other call pee either. I would take free bud no problem. I think you are right though, don't see regular bud advertised anymore and they push all the lower calorie beers instead.

Say what you will about bud light, but it's definitely the best cheap light beer. Comparing it to craft brews is pointless.

Any idea as to how it will be handled? Everywhere that serves it can give it away and be reimbursed or just a few select places etc...

Usually they have marketing people on-site during these types of promotions. Haven't you ever been at a bar or whatever and seen some hot chicks walking around giving away free shots of Cuervo or Bacardi or whatever?

Usually they have marketing people on-site during these types of promotions. Haven't you ever been at a bar or whatever and seen some hot chicks walking around giving away free shots of Cuervo or Bacardi or whatever?

I usually avoid hot chicks giving away alcohol. It's probably a trap. If they are also giving away pizza and UFC tickets then it is most definitely a trap and you should wrap your hands around your kidneys and run for the hills.

I guess that's what happens when you sell out to a foreign company. I just don't feel like I'm drinking an American product any more, even though it's still made here. Same thing with Miller/Coors.

If I have a choice, I'll buy the beer owned, operated and produced locally first, then I'll buy beer from an American brewer if it is worthy over any foreign beer.
+1. I guess this is where PBR has an edge as the last "traditional" American brewery still owned by an American company? Budweiser, Miller, Coors are owned by foreigners, I think PBR is the last "old fashioned" American Beer Company. Them and maybe Yuengling.

Last I heard PBR had no brewerys and outsourced the beer making to large BMC companies this could have been hearsay never checked into it. My point being that it is not really all that american if it is being made at foreign owned places.

I used to drink Budweiser as a fall back. As corny as it may sound I think I drank Bud because it was very American. The company history, the fact that it was family owned, its what my Grandpa drank, the Clydesdales, even the red, white, and blue label. Lots of "tradition" It was almost like a homage to America.

I literally have not had a single drop since the InBev acquisition. I remember being disgusted at the family for selling out such an American icon. I haven't made a conscientious effort to not drink it - it just has zero appeal to me anymore.

Last I heard PBR had no brewerys and outsourced the beer making to large BMC companies this could have been hearsay never checked into it. My point being that it is not really all that american if it is being made at foreign owned places.

Wiki tends to agree... PBR is brewed in six different brewing locations around the U.S. in facilities owned by Miller Brewing Company (a few of which were actually Pabst breweries at one time).

very funny

not all the time

yeah, I like Acetaldehyde in my beer :drunk:

Yep, I like it. Gives it a bit of a snap. We're all different, I guess. I, for one, would never quote myself and ensuing praise for myself in my signature.

But I genuinely enjoy a cold Bud in the summer. Bud is a good beer, I never understood the bad rap it gets.

+1 If its hot, and I'm thirsty as hell, a good old Bud is pretty damn satisfying!

To be honest I haven't had one in years. My go to can o swill if I'm heading to the race track or an outdoor concert or some other venue that doesn't allow bottles is either Miller High life or PBR. American Lagers in general are very refreshing in the right place at the right time.

Bud's problem as I see it is that it doesn't have enough flavor to satisfy the craft beer crowd and it has too much flavor and too many calories to satisfy the light beer, "Joe six-pack" crowd.

Couple that with the fact that it just isn't "cool" to drink bud anymore and the brand is becoming the 21st century version of Schlitz, Strohs, etc.

Although, I don't for the life of me understand how it ever became cool to drink beers like Michelob Ultra and MGD 64. Every time I see some guy drinking one I wonder if he squats to pee too.

To be honest I haven't had one in years. My go to can o swill if I'm heading to the race track or an outdoor concert or some other venue that doesn't allow bottles is either Miller High life or PBR. American Lagers in general are very refreshing in the right place at the right time.

Bud's problem as I see it is that it doesn't have enough flavor to satisfy the craft beer crowd and it has too much flavor and too many calories to satisfy the light beer, "Joe six-pack" crowd.

Couple that with the fact that it just isn't "cool" to drink bud anymore and the brand is becoming the 21st century version of Schlitz, Strohs, etc.

Although, I don't for the life of me understand how it ever became cool to drink beers like Michelob Ultra and MGD 64. Every time I see some guy drinking one I wonder if he squats to pee too.

I dont get the low cal beers and feel the same way about dudes drinking them...

But I also agree that High Life and Bud, etc are great on a hot day and have their place in the beer world, and I wouldnt turn it down. I am a beer snob some would say but I feel as if there is the right place and time for any beer.

My wife's friend's husband is a Miller Lite drinker so anytime we go there I'll drink one, he's not the type that would appreciate a homebrew so I just leave it at home. Although in a bar I don't think i'd take a free one, i'd rather pay for a good beer if I have the option.

I'm not generally a fan of american-style lagers, but they can be extremely satisfying under certain conditions. Bud, however, is a particularly nasty beer. Even when I'm feeling like a nice cold domestic lager, Bud is the absolute last one I'll reach for, right after Red Stripe. I'd honestly rather drink water, or go thirsty.

Back