Son of Fermentation Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EnVinoVeritas

Reaction score
Hello All.

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my gear! In preparation for this, I am looking into how to maintain the proper climate for fermentation in Arizona. It is HOT here and I want to avoid any potential pitfalls in a batch.

I wouldn't mind building my own and the "Son of Fermentation" chiller seems to be commonly accepted as a good way to control the fermentation environment.

I have looked in previous threads, but it seems as though the plans are no longer online. Anyone have input on where to find the plans or an alternative means of finding/creating a chiller at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ryan
Gilbert, AZ

If you have the space, you might consider buying an old refrigerator of Craigslist and outfitting with a temperature controller. It'll do the same thing and will probably be a bit cheaper than building the SOFC from scratch. Just a helpful suggestion.

Back