We may be one step closer to a cure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tenchiro

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzbNkyXO50]YouTube - Gay Scientists Isolate Christian Gene[/ame]

:fro:

It's always struck me as odd that the only three successful monotheistic religions all came out of the Middle East. I asked a panel of experts on comparative religions about it and they all agreed it was the case, but none of them could explain why. Maybe there is a genetic cause.

It's always struck me as odd that the only three successful monotheistic religions all came out of the Middle East. I asked a panel of experts on comparative religions about it and they all agreed it was the case, but none of them could explain why. Maybe there is a genetic cause.

I think it has to do more with the spread of those religions than the origin of the religions themselves. Over time, thousands of religions have come and gone (and are still around in many places), but for example, the introduction of Christianity to England led to its spread to many other places, if I remember correctly.

I tend to think it was all the high altitudes in the Himalayas and some good drugs like mold giving people near death and other experiences, then the filtered down to civilization and formed their followers.
Who knows really, but hey it sounds good.

Or maybe a Single God chose them as his people.
It seems odd that a God would make a whole bunch of people and then decide that some of them sucked, and some others were his special favorites. Although thinking about it, I guess I've done that with beers. Yeah, OK, it sort of makes sense.

Latest posts

Back