Belgian beer delivered to my door today!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattHollingsworth

Reaction score
Nice! I found a place in Zagreb that will actually deliver some tasty beer to my door. There's a Belgian beer bar here that has a great selection. And the distributor that distributes to them also sells *some* of the beers at some local markets. Sadly, though, they do NOT sell some of the ones I like, such as Rochefort and Celis White at those markets. They have their sticker on each bottle they distribute, though, so we called them up on the phone and asked if they'd sell straight to us. Not only did they say yes, but they delivered this beer to my door and threw in the glass for free. And the price I paid him was much less than I'd pay at the beer bar.

I'm happy to pay the price at the beer bar to vote with my money, as it were, and help keep them in business. But I only make it there maybe once a month. The Rochefort 10, 33 cl, is $7 at that bar and was like $5.50 when delivered to my apartment.

Anyway, very stoked on this. This is not the best place to live if you're a beer geek. I'm a hophead and there's nothing like that for me here, so brewing my own became a necessity. But I'm very happy that I at least can get some great Belgians here. And I finally have a proper glass to drink them in. Can't find that glass anywhere here that I know of.

Happy saturday!

DSC05376_540.jpg

There's actually a decent list of Belgians available here. They're better represented than perhaps any other country here. BUT, the vast majority are only available at this one Belgian beer bar here. I can't go to the store for Rochefort, so was glad to find this guy. I can find Duvel, the 3 Chimays, Corsendonk Pater, Gouden Carolus Class and Ambro, and some others at the store. I can find Gulden Drak and Kasteel Tripel and Dubbel at the store too, but those are too sweet for my tastes. Usually can get Westmalle Tripel, but haven't seen it lately, so ordered from this guy.

That bar has maybe 80 different ones to choose from, so I try to make it there. We'll be heading there tomorrow and I'll likely have some Bernardus...

Latest posts

Back