Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's who's playing tomorrow:

cam-newton.jpg

San Diego.

The Great Forehead is a playoff choke artist, and if the Chargers D shows up they could easily make it a game tomorrow...

Cheers! <fingers crossed> ;)

[edit] Right about now, 'Hawks fans must realize their chances of going all the way are vanishingly small...
[edit2] Golf claps to the Indy Star reporter who coined the phrase "Blount Force Trauma". Love it...
[edit3]The only other time the Patriots have scored 40 points without Brady throwing for a score was his first NFL start, a 44-13 home win over the Colts on Sept. 30, 2001. What's old is new again...

Two things:

1) Blount is a bad man
2) I told you guys he was your best RB in week two. You all disagreed.

And 3) What is that stupid logo on your field? Never mind I don't care.

Colts are notorious for getting blown out in the first half. 2nd half will be a new game. I have a feeling this will come down to a field goal. I hope we see Brady vs Manning next week. I'm so sad Seattle won. I wanted to see one last game at Candlestick.

Me too. On the bright side Seattle looked mortal even at the Clink yesterday. I got told to quiet down in the brewery I was in yesterday after yelling **** you Pete at Pete Carroll right after the saints recovered the onside. Of course that was followed by Colston making what might have been the stupidest play I have ever witnessed.

Blount is one dimensional....he's always been that. If the Pats didn't have Vereen( someone who can Actually catch a ball) to mix things up, he's completely predictable. That was the problem in TB. The Pats are so good masking that that no one notices there. The Colts D is a joke by the way. Best RB? You've gotta be kidding. You have to be able to catch a ball first. What about McCoy? Beast Mode? Charles? Foster( without injuries))? That's what "the best" RB's look like.

Completely predictable. Hand ball off to Blount, Blount gets eight yards. Every. ****ing. Time.

Blount's a better runner than he ever was in Tampa Bay, because he's at least trying to stay low and he hasn't been fumbling (except the in the Week 16 monsoon). I was wacthing Trent Richardson (who only cost Indy a first-round draft pick), and as soon as he got hit he stopped moving his legs. Yards-after-contract is all about keeping your legs pumping, and Blount does that as well as anybody (along with Lynch).

The big thing, though, is that Ridley's just as good, and almost as much of a load to bring down. They keep swapping those guys in different series, you can run the ball thirty-five or forty times (or 46) and you've always got a fresh runner hitting a tiring defense. Vereen gives a different look, and don't sleep on Brandon Bolden; he's done well whenever he's had to step up.

I love, love, LOVE the Pats' physical style. We lost two Super Bowls because we got beat up on the line of scrimmage; this team isn't going to let that happen again. Defense played great except that one series, when the gave up the two quick bombs.

They can come in and match the physicality of any team. The guys playing now have probably 40% of the talent of the 2007 squad, but they're right there in the final four, again.

Vigo_Carpathian said:
Blount is one dimensional....he's always been that. If the Pats didn't have Vereen( someone who can Actually catch a ball) to mix things up, he's completely predictable. That was the problem in TB. The Pats are so good masking that that no one notices there. The Colts D is a joke by the way. Best RB? You've gotta be kidding. You have to be able to catch a ball first. What about McCoy? Beast Mode? Charles? Foster( without injuries))? That's what "the best" RB's look like.

If that one dimension is awesome, then I totally agree with you.

McBrewskie said:
Me too. On the bright side Seattle looked mortal even at the Clink yesterday. I got told to quiet down in the brewery I was in yesterday after yelling **** you Pete at Pete Carroll right after the saints recovered the onside. Of course that was followed by Colston making what might have been the stupidest play I have ever witnessed.

What the hell was Colston thinking??? That move made me spill my beer and I nearly broke my TV

What a gift call for SF

I'd have thrown two flags on that hit...

Apparently, Carolina's defensive strategy is to run around like a bunch of bitches running their mouths.
We'll see if that pays off...

Cheers!

[edit] Nice goal line FAIL by Carolina. Should have taken the easy 3...

I turned off the Pats game. Couldn't stand the constant homerism hat Gumbel was giving the Pats. No lie, when yet another Colt got get injured, they flashed to the fat Patriot and talked abut their injuries. When Luck made those two great passes it was all about how the Pats secondary didn't play well...never a mention of Luck's great throws. And the previous Pats drive with the BS PI call on third down? No lie, Gumbel said "on the replay you'll clearly see that he was all over him..." [replay clearly shows no contact] Gumbel: [silence]..."okay, next play...

And then when the Pats RB scored and bounced back and moved in again (like he should) and the Colt got called for a late hit (another BS call) he said "that was uncalled for, everyone had stopped playing except for him." Ah, by everyone, you mean no one including the RB and all the blockers?

Jesus Christ. That all happened in about 8:30 of game time. When a game is unwatchable because of announcers, it is really bad. It made Marv Albert look impartial calling a Bulls game.

And then when the Pats RB scored and bounced back and moved in again (like he should) and the Colt got called for a late hit (another BS call) he said "that was uncalled for, everyone had stopped playing except for him." Ah, by everyone, you mean no one including the RB and all the blockers?

WRONG!!!

Dude, you're just wrong on this. All I can tell you is go back and watch the play again, there was a good two seconds in which the ref signaled the score, everyone else stopped playing, the RB (can't remember if that that was Ridley or Blount) and then the guy came flying in from nowhere. The play was over, and had been for a while.

It was an irrelevant call anyway; what's the point of a 15-yard penalty on a kickoff, when 90% of kickoffs are touchbacks anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
AZ_IPA said:
I turned off the Pats game. Couldn't stand the constant homerism hat Gumbel was giving the Pats. No lie, when yet another Colt got get injured, they flashed to the fat Patriot and talked abut their injuries. When Luck made those two great passes it was all about how the Pats secondary didn't play well...never a mention of Luck's great throws. And the previous Pats drive with the BS PI call on third down? No lie, Gumbel said "on the replay you'll clearly see that he was all over him..." [replay clearly shows no contact] Gumbel: [silence]..."okay, next play...

Jesus Christ. That all happened in about 8:30 of game time. When a game is unwatchable because of announcers, it is really bad. It made Marv Albert look impartial calling a Bulls game.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Sniffle, sniffle. Waaaaaaaaaaaa

That is pretty much all I read from your last post. Go watch Hockey.

Also; how is it homerism to say "Man, the Patriots' defense sucked on that play"?

That TD was a great pass by Luck, but McCourty looked like he was running in sand. It was a very good pass, but the defense on that series was so bad that it didn't need to be a great pass!

Also; no one gives a **** about the Colts.

I was amused when they made a comment about Brazill being overthrow. Thought I was watching CNN for a minute.

Back