So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed a German ale. It was going to be a light Munich/hallertau mittelfrih smash but the lhbs didn't have enough so I had to improvise a bit.

7lbs Vienna
2.5 lbs light Munich
1 lb dark Munich
1oz hallertau mf fwh
1oz @ 20min

I'm doing a rye IPA today I brewed the same recipe in the fall with a broken collarbone and we called it Rye Can't Lift This. Today's is Rye Can.

It's one of my better brews. Going to increase the rye and play with my steeping hops a little. Mosaic Amarillo and maybe FF to round it out.

Parti-gyle/double brew day yesterday. The first runnings were mixed with sugar to make a Belgian Golden Strong. The second runnings, plus cherry wood smoked malt in the sparge, made a Smoked Helles.

Brewing two batches of a blonde recipe this weekend for my sisters wedding. Can't decide if I'm going to do back to back brews or two days

Last weekend did an American Wheat, and IPA.

Did another IPA tuesday night.

Yesterday I brewed a Chocolate Milk Stout and an American Amber Ale.

25915350286_f3781c6d06_c.jpg

Did a 1 gallon test batch last night! Grapefruit DIPA is what im shooting for OG was 1.104. Pitched yeast at like midnight hahaha it was late night brew! Its getting ramped up currently fermenting.

12800233_1237520419609095_3934656786391668525_n.jpg

SWMBO likes this Citra Pale so much she wants me to brew it again. So either this Friday or Saturday I'm brewing it for the second time. It's really quite good.

ABV = ~6.5%
IBU = ~55.1

Citra Pale Ale.jpg

10g Sierra Nevada PA batch again. Seems to have become my go to brew. Like to keep that on tap. Id sell my left... well, ... for a shiny 14Gal SS Conical. lol. Should get to taste test the vanilla porter this weekend too!

10g Sierra Nevada PA batch again. Seems to have become my go to brew. Like to keep that on tap. Id sell my left... well, ... for a shiny 14Gal SS Conical. lol. Should get to taste test the vanilla porter this weekend too!

Which SN clone do you brew?

Going to be raining all weekend here supposedly..:( If so, I may have to do a 1G or 2G something, something I can brew up inside...Will probably decide Friday night or Saturday morning..Most likely will be transferring my 'Gooder Than Guinness' into secondary..May just end up bottling it if the gravity looks good...

Which SN clone do you brew?

Jeez, to be honest, i cant remember where the original came from. It's an AG, pale 2 row with crystal 60, Magnum, Pearl and Cascade hops.
Ive scaled back the grain bill a bit. I was ending up with 7.5% beers, and i do like to be able to enjoy a few lol. Just using US 05 yeast with good results. I could send you a copy if ya like. I find myself pouring a pint for non craft beer people. Gives them some flavour and smell without scaring them off lol.

I think I will keg my Fall Down Brown and then due my second brew on the Grainfather a grapefruit IPA.

How do you hop your IPA? I'd been making a grapefruit IPA for a while. Ow that I actually 'dry hop' with dried grapefruit peel.

It's been a long cold lonely winter, but I'll finally be brewing again this next weekend.

Going to do a 'saison'ish 'wild ale', with wild bugs I harvested and cultures and have been tending to all year since last spring.

Brewing my house porter Thursday night. Already toasted some oak and have it in a jar with some malbec ready for secondary.

Just began the mash for a citrus saison, and thinking about maybe putting together a second batch of something. It's a Good Friday indeed!

Just finished a RyePA lawnmower beer as an "aspirational" beer...maybe if I make it summer really will come.

Had a really high absorption rate rate from 30% flaked rye. Just for fun, in spite of my own common sense and Wilser's experiment, I decided to try squeezing the bag for the first time since going to my full-sized BiaB, no-sparge...huge waste of time over just letting it hang.

Hung over the kettle for 45 minutes waiting for boil then transferred to a steamer basket I had from my test/small scale BiaB. Spent like 10 minutes pressing and squeezing...all for 22 oz out of 10 gallons.

Final note, flaked rye + whirfloc = LOTS of brains in the kettle. With my higher than planned absorption rate and additional trub losses I ended up about 3 quarts shy of plan with a little over 8.5 gallons to the fermentors instead of just over 9.

How do you hop your IPA? I'd been making a grapefruit IPA for a while. Ow that I actually 'dry hop' with dried grapefruit peel.

It's been a long cold lonely winter, but I'll finally be brewing again this next weekend.

Going to do a 'saison'ish 'wild ale', with wild bugs I harvested and cultures and have been tending to all year since last spring.

I think I will soak the dried grapefruit peel in vodka over night and then add to fermenter for seven days. Have also been tossing around the idea of adding the fruit of 2 grapefruit to the fermenter as well.

I think I will soak the dried grapefruit peel in vodka over night and then add to fermenter for seven days. Have also been tossing around the idea of adding the fruit of 2 grapefruit to the fermenter as well.

My grapefruit DIPA I'm making right now is coming along well, I grated off the zest of an entire grapefruit, put it in about a cup of water and boiled it for 5 minutes. Let sit overnight and then added at flame out. Could work just as well during dry hopping I'd assume.

Will be brewing a Galaxy, Citra, Nelson IPA on Saturday with Vermont Ale yeast. We'll see how it comes out.

I am brewing an English Pale Ale tomorrow: 95% Crisp Maris Otter and 5% Simpson’s Heritage Crystal (Maris Otter) 152°F for an hour. 2 oz KG at 60 min and 1 oz KG at 1 min.

Have Imperial's Barbarian strain bubbling away in a new 2000l flask, and a pile of Equinox hops waiting for their chance to star in tomorrow's experimental IPA.

I'm working this weekend, but started several starters today to be stepped up for next week. Does that count? lol

Taking off next week and plan on doing three batches. Hef, Saison and a Kolsch.

Good day today, brewed up an imperial red ale of my own design. Got some very general direction on malt and hops from a craft brewery's website though. Splitting the batch and trying 2 different yeasts...you know, science and whatnot.

I'm brewing an M-80 IPA AG Kit from MoreBeer.com. Will also be using my first ever RIMS tube for the first time. Built it last week, did a long leak and operation test last weekend. Really excited for this thing to work and dial in my mash temps!

Today I'll be brewing the Brown Out American Brown Ale posted by mkyl428 in the recipe section. Will be my first brew that's not a kit, and my first 5 gallon brew. Previously have only done one and three gallon.

Latest posts

Back