Quick question about lager and temp.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caplucky

Reaction score
Ok so did a Rocky Racoon Crystal Lager a few months ago, cold lagered in primary then bottled after about 3 weeks, left bottles in cold garage for about 8 weeks, now that it is warming up should I keep them in fridge or is it ok to let them warm at room temp?

You can store at room temp now that they're finished. it would be slightly better for your tastebuds to keep them cool, but only if they'll be stored a while. how long do you really think they'll last though? :)

whats the ideal temp for a lager?
i'm doing an oktoberfest & have it at 52f...
i was told to let it go for 2 weeks, and then sit it at room temp for 2 days after racking off to secondary...then back into the cool chamber...

does that sound familiar to anyone?

whats the ideal temp for a lager?
i'm doing an oktoberfest & have it at 52f...
i was told to let it go for 2 weeks, and then sit it at room temp for 2 days after racking off to secondary...then back into the cool chamber...

does that sound familiar to anyone?

Yes that is exactly what I am doing except that I am leaving it in the fermenter for the 2 day diacetyl rest. I figure there's yeast in the fermenter which you need for the rest period. Racking into the secondary might remove too much yeast, although it's probalby not that big of a deal.

Latest posts

Back