keezer advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxbing

Reaction score
I just received the last bits and pieces for my keezer. It is made from a small chest freezer that fits 4 cornies in but it is tight. I was planning on having my CO2 on the outside and a 4 way manifold in the inside. It looks like my manifold won't fit on the inside with all four kegs. So now I have a decision to make.

1. Use just 3 kegs and put the tank and the manifold inside
2. Put the manifold in the outside in the back and drill 4 separate holes for gas lines.

I have a nice big collar so the holes are not a problem I am just not sure if it will cause any other issues that I am unaware of.

thanks

I have my tank on the outside, drilled a hole for the line and ran it to my manifold that is mounted to the collar on the inside. Works great.
mark
Beer Diary...

As long as the lines fit the holes tight enough to prevent moisture from entering the freezer I don't see any problems. In fact that is why I like the co2 outside as you let less moist air into the space by not opening to adjust and or check pressures.

+1 to CO2 and manifold on the outside. That is what I did, the lines are a snug but not air tight fit but that hasn't been an issue.

GT

Back