Oahu and Kauai Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bford

Reaction score
We are finally getting to visit the state of Hawaii this summer in early August.

We'll be staying at the Vive Hotel Waikiki while staying on Oahu. I'll take any advice on breweries to visit, craft beer bars or restaurants.... obviously craft beer isn't the reason to be there, but while there I want to try what I can.. or at least what I can fit into dinners and lunches.

I think Kauai is going to be more difficult, so please if you have any help there, that would be great. We'll be staying in Lihue for several days, with our own kitchen.. so if you know of a store in Lihue where I can pick beer up to keep at the resort, that would be awesome... also any craft bars or breweries to visit.. we'll have plenty of nights to go and try some beer at dinner.

Thanks for any and all help. We feel blessed to get to visit one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Cheers,

Bryan

The last time I was on Oahu there wasn't a whole lot going on as far as craft beer goes. Most of the hotels and restaurants carried the domestics plus Longboard Lager, Fire Rock Pale ale and Sierra Nevada Pale ale. That was it. One in 5 places would also carry something from Maui Brewing. It kind of sucked. It's been a few years though so maybe things have changed. Have fun in Hawaii!

Back