New to kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m25wilson

Reaction score
Bought a cheap chest freezer off Craigslist, eBay temp controller, and scored a butt load of free kegs from the pepsi distributor (love being in the restaurant business)! My question is I couldn't afford the full set up that I wanted (the 4 tap fridge mount from keg connection) so I went with the picnic tap set up for now. Still the four keg set up though. What will I need to convert this over time and as I can afford it? Also I need to have 1 BMC on tap because I have a lot of friends and family that don't appreciate this art, what is needed to get a bud light keg in there also? The space is not an issue. This thing is huge! I can get 5 corney kegs and a carboy in there right now.

If i read everything right you'll need a co2 tank, regulator, 1 to 4 gas distribution block, 4 shanks (to go through the fridge wall) and 4 faucets.

I'm pretty sure the kit I got came with the distribution block and regulator. I already have a co2 tank. I was thinking I should just need shanks faucets and tailpieces. What about doing a BMC keg in there also?

I'm about to convert a full sized fridge myself, and I'll be trying to have a tap dedicated to BMC, for the same reason. From what I've researched, probably need a Sanke tap/coupler, but I think everything else is the same. Before I order my parts, I plan on calling the vendor (haven't decided on which yet), and asking them questions about the configuration, just to be sure I have everything. From what I've read, most of the vendors are more than helpful to assist and help you with your build.

Thanks. That's the help I needed. At first I was a little put off by them not wanting my beer. Then I realized more of the good stuff for me and I will try to accommodate them. I didn't think it would be that much work but didn't know how to go about it.

Make sure you put mfl quick disconnects instead of barbs on all your taps...maybe $10 more total, and you can swap out your coupler to any tap you want.

There are converter kits that use quick disconnects to switch from cornie to Sanke.

david_42 said:
There are converter kits that use quick disconnects to switch from cornie to Sanke.

No kidding? U have a link? All I've seen are mfl options

Back