• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Married white male looking for homebrew companions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really dont need validation from you brewdouche's, but those of you who get the joke and see my point I raise a glass and wish you good brewing.
Wait. So if we agree with you, we're awesome, and if not, we're brewdouches?

I mean, like it or not, stuff's all about perception. And it's fairly widely perceived at this point that you're coming across as an ass. Not sure it helps if after getting called on it repeatedly just saying "It was only a test, and I was kidding all along" helps. Neither does publicly trashing the local brewer you did meet (regardless of past association).

FWIW, I completely understand where you're coming from - my wife and I (relatively) recently moved cross country, and with her working with a bunch of old fogies and me working from home, weren't meeting new people at all. On these here forums tho, I've met a few locals who are awesome people, and in the case of Ricand, in addition to being an outstanding friend, has taught me not only to weld, but be a much better brewer. (Should be noted, he's an hour's drive away too - but good friends are more than worth the effort).

So in short, I (and I think everyone) gets your point, but you are coming over as rather creepy (naked brewing pic?) and a something of a brewdouche yourself.

...I mean, like it or not, stuff's all about perception. And it's fairly widely perceived at this point that you're coming across as an ass.
...Neither does publicly trashing the local brewer you did meet (regardless of past association).

FWIW, I completely understand where you're coming from - my wife and I (relatively) recently moved cross country, and with her working with a bunch of old fogies and me working from home, weren't meeting new people at all. On these here forums tho, I've met a few locals who are awesome people,
...but good friends are more than worth the effort).

So in short, I (and I think everyone) gets your point, but you are coming over as rather creepy (naked brewing pic?) and a something of a brewdouche yourself.
"...I mean, like it or not, stuff's all about perception."
Bendover so I can correct your perspective.

If you agree with me fine, if you dont also fine, but upon the first conversation theres no need to tear down somebodys passion. I dont demean people, even when I strongly disagree with somebodys practices, the first time we meet.

You...maybe...should hesatate to speak for anyone but yourself. That, will always make one look like an ass REAL quick.

Good friends ARE worth having at any cost, conversly ****** bags are best avoided at equally high cost.

So let me summerize.
me_real.jpg

See... I wasn't really naked. Thats's part of the joke, but only part. So apparently, you didn't understand me. I don't want to come accross too cross though so I forgive you.

P.S.
I may not be naked, but I am fat and middle aged, I just thought I'd spare everyone the unerasable image.

Hey so if anyone live near California, Pa and your not a duochebag PM me.

Also I'm still taking all this in good humor, I hope you are too. If not come up out of your basement apartment and go cry to mommy.

I get it. I think this whole thread is quite funny. I hope it continues.

And that's the first use of brewdouche I've seen. Did you coin that?

Hey PP, I can't decide if I'm more of a brewdouche or an EAC . . . probably both.

OP, my words of wisdom are that a one hour drive is nothing - my daily roundtrip commute takes from 2 - 4 hours depending on mode of transportation and conditions. Man up and head to Pittsburgh! :mug:

Chiming in with support of Rubrew. I hope you find someone. In my experience, most homebrewers I have met are dicks when it comes to talking about their beer. It sucks, but it is a reality. I have recently found some awesome local guys (you rock socks sourmash, and your friends) and it is a ton of fun. Good luck, if you keep looking you might find some good people.

I feel like this is changing in my area and I feel like the homebrewers I have met lately have been way cooler and less 'my beer is awesome, I am a ****** cannon'.

So apparently, you didn't understand me. I don't want to come accross too cross though so I forgive you.
So let me summerize.

Oh, the irony! :D

Lad, the last thing I'd do after seeing that picture is bend over anywhere near ya. (But if it makes you feel any better, I'm fat and approaching middle age.)

Chiming in with support of Rubrew. I hope you find someone. In my experience, most homebrewers I have met are dicks when it comes to talking about their beer.
I'd agree with that. Although it doesn't help (in my case) that my beer generally does suck. (It's getting better, tho!)

Well, we aren't like that here. We will be your friends. :mug:

(pssssst, hey guys. I think we found our new gimp.)

No thank you. And if a van load of you show up at my house with a burlap sack I'll exspose you to some of my other hobbies.:cool:

I got nothing better to do except to talk to my imaginary internet friends so roll call

If you live near California PA 15419, and would like to share homebrew, pm me.

Did you ever find a Bromance?

A Brewmance?

Weird thread. I've met a lot of really cool folks around here. Nothing complicated about that.

One thing, though - an hours' drive is too far? Really? Even the HBT'ers who are pretty close to me are at least a couple hours away. I've driven three hours each way out to PTN's Masstoberfest and to the Utopias brewdays, close to that to brew with Kaiser, three hours to go brew and hang out with Jester and Red. Yankee Ingenuity gatherings in Southern VT are usually an hour and half each way. I'm not the only one, Paulie made his way all the way up to kappclark's place in the middle of nowhere, VT just to hang out for a couple hours.

****, I drive an hour just to get to the good homebrew store.

So, lots of cool folks around here, don't act creepy and don't be afraid to get in the car a little ways.

How quickly you forget, the_bird (or should I say I am forgotten). I flew to Yankee Ingenuity among other brewouts.

BDRuB - Let me get this straight. You want friends, but you don't want to network and (I dunno) be less creepy?

Did your Mom insist that you get invited to birthday parties?

I'm glad we resurrected this thread, I was missing it.

I'm pulling for you man, hope you get a good bromance going with a friendly brewdouche in your area.

Did you ever find a Bromance?
No, but I do at least split North Country Malt Supply orders with the original brewdouche. I found out we COULD agree to save money together.
A Brewmance?

Weird thread. I've met a lot of really cool folks around here. Nothing complicated about that.

One thing, though - an hours' drive is too far? Really? ....
....So, lots of cool folks around here, don't act creepy and don't be afraid to get in the car a little ways.
Yeah No Brewmance yet. I'm glad you find it weird, I'm not your average guy even for a homebrewer. And yes. If I had a desination to drive to I would gladly go a couple of hours away....
....THE key here is this all started as a joke. I really was just mussing over "Wouldn't it be nice if I had a neighboor, or existing friend, or family member, someone close to share my passion for homebrewing."
BDRuB - Let me get this straight. You want friends, but you don't want to network and (I dunno) be less creepy?

Did your Mom insist that you get invited to birthday parties?
I know how to network just fine thanks. I just wished that there was someone in my neighborhood. Is that so CREEPY?
And for the record... My mother was a crackwhore, and I'm lucky I ever got to eat, or not get beat let alone HAVE or go to a bday party...
...Thanks for asking.

I'm glad we resurrected this thread, I was missing it.

I'm pulling for you man, hope you get a good bromance going with a friendly brewdouche in your area.

Thanks sincerly.

P.S.
I'm glad to be here and let you guys abuse me so for your amusment. I hope your enjoying it.
Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year.
:fro:
verbal-abuse.gif

OK I'm feeling a little better now. I have 2 brewing buddies that I met online. When ever someone asks how I met them I cringe at the thought of telling them. Maybe I've watched Dateline NBC to many times or maybe it is the new norm.

OK I'm feeling a little better now. I have 2 brewing buddies that I met online. When ever someone asks how I met them I cringe at the thought of telling them. Maybe I've watched Dateline NBC to many times or maybe it is the new norm.

I met a woman on craigslist and ended up marrying her, of course it ended in divorce 11 months later. you got some weirdos and some crazies, meeting normal people online is few and far between, but they're there. :mug:

verbal-abuse.gif

at 10 cents per verbal abuse, you must be rich by now! You've taken a lot on this thread.

Well I'm in Indiana pa. Little further than Pittsburgh but I do go through Cali on my way to cabela's

Yeah I hope he has found a homebrew friend since this started in 2010... or at least made a couple homebrew friends (easier to take a good friend and teach them to homebrew, than to find a close hombrewer)

Man.. I got lucky. These guys around here are glad to help a newb. I showed up at the brew club without knowing anyone and sampled their club competition beer for two hours. Good luck bro...

I'd suggest brewing and flooding your friends with your awesome beer. Remind them that a good beer is going to cost 10 bucks for a sixer and one or two will take interest and join you. A good product trumps all...

My two cents; worth what you paid for it.

Wow, this thread is a zombie a couple of times over. I'm right by Greensburg, but that's still a 40 minute drive to Cal. I had a similar problem so I converted all of my friends to homebrewers!

Craigslist. Just post that you're a "single white male who enjoys beer and is open to new things".

I bet you'll get some responses.

I found companionship at my local brew clubs and they are great. The only problem I need to grow a beard!

wetzie said:
I found companionship at my local brew clubs and they are great. The only problem I need to grow a beard!

Get a pet dog also. Helps with the spills and what not.

Latest posts

Back