Sunday afternoon buzz and family tradition.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Family Tradition.

I come from a large family and it traditional to visit family or have family visit for a traditional Sunday roast lunch. More often than not the while the lunch is cooking the women will stay in have a natter or watch the Sunday afternoon TV movie. The blokes will have a stroll round to the local pub and have 2 or 3 pints (We get in trouble if it's more), wonder back and have the meal on the table waiting to be served.
You gotta love that Sunday afternoon buzz and tradition. :mug:
I have one at present and am about to tuck into a great Sunday lunch.

It's also fun to see Granny getting tipsy on Sherry.

Cheers! Wish there was more of that in the US.

PD, I'm looking at your avatar. Wondering when you drank beer with Cal Ripken.

Orfy, is Yorkshire Pudding a standard part of this family tradition? My highschool girlfriend's family had this tradition, minus the pub part, and I very fondly remember the roast beef and yorkshire pudding.

PD, I'm looking at your avatar. Wondering when you drank beer with Cal Ripken.

Orfy, is Yorkshire Pudding a standard part of this family tradition? My highschool girlfriend's family had this tradition, minus the pub part, and I very fondly remember the roast beef and yorkshire pudding.

Most definitely.

Sounds civilized. Most of my sisters are teetotalers. Fortunately, they also live a long ways away.

Back