Any plumbers???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dataz722

Reaction score
I have that old crap Qest plumbing. I just got a refrigerator with an ice make and want to plumb it. Normally I have no problems with plumbings but with this **** I am afraid to look at it let alone touch or do anything to it. I have had multiple people at both lowes and home depot tell me a saddle valve will be fine. I was going to cut it and get a repair kit and a tee and come off of that. That will be a huge pain in the ass with this stuff so a saddle valve would be a blessing. Sooooooooo I need a second opinion, will it be ok?

... Sooooooooo I need a second opinion, will it be ok?

I'm a plumber.

First of all- the people at Lowe's don't know what they're talking about. If they knew plumbing, they'd be out making $25 an hour instead of $10 at Lowe's. If I go to Lowe's or Home Depot to buy parts, I'll offer free advice to home owners because I've witnessed horrible advice being given out.

Will your repair be ok? I don't know. The installer is the wild card. My admittedly biased advice is to call a plumber and have him or her do it. If a licensed, insured professional floods your house, their insurance will pay for repairs. If you flood your house, you pay for repairs. Cleaning up water damage is not cheap. Companies that do that type of work give $250-$500 referral fees to plumbers. That $500 came from somewhere.

Coming from a family of plumbers who know what they are doing unlike the people at Home Depot I would say get a plumber to do it. If the saddle leaks you are knee deep in $h!t. Also if you screw up qest is NOT cheap to replace. Just pay a plumber to do it and save yourself some potential problems.

Cheers!

Back