Building a walk in cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes. I am a computer geek and so have a computer that monitors the temperature in the fridge and monitors the freezer itself as it cycles on and off. When I turned the controller down to 45* the freezer seemed to run non-stop... so I just keep it at 48*. I have some ideas for improving it, but at the moment the beer seems to taste great coming out at 48*.

It appears you are using a window A/C unit, how is that working?

I love these threads and this is a zombie thread if there ever was one, even pre-dating John Beere's epic build.

Been thinking of doing this very soon. I want to build a cool/lagering room and will serve on the opposite side of the long wall. Likewise, I also have been considering ducting in an air exchanger to control temps in my fermentation chamber which will be attached to one end of the room. I have the space in the basement and the ok from the wife, I just need to do some more planning/thinking.

Back