Perlick 525ss group buy reborn!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runningweird

Reaction score
As of this editing of the post I believe we have demand for about 50 525ss faucets, but no one to supply them cheaply enough.

Update on this group buy attempt: As of now I am about ready to let this idea go, I have gotten no response from most places I tried to contact, through email and phone, and the businesses that have responded positively have given prices that are still higher than I wish to pay and higher than I feel is worth our time. For those finding this post late farmhousebrewing has the cheapest 525ss faucets (about $30) I could find and no one that was discounting for a 50+ group buy could come close to that price.

If anyone else wants to pursue this idea please do, feel free to contact me for any more information or collaboration.

I'd be in for at least two of them... Depending on the actual cost, I might be able to swing three (or four) but 100% sure of two (need them for a portable kegorator setup)...

if the thread I deleted because of improper posting was any indicator there is interest at present in around 45-50 faucets. If everyone that is/was interested could post their numbers again so I have a record i will continue to work toward a cheaper price for us.

I got my perlick from Austin homebrew supply on sale for $23.99 less than a year ago. Why has the price jumped so much?

Depending on when this happens I could be in for 3-4 (if you want to deal with international postage :)). Will you also be looking at getting shanks, etc. ordered with the Perlicks?

Depending on when this happens I could be in for 3-4 (if you want to deal with international postage :)). Will you also be looking at getting shanks, etc. ordered with the Perlicks?

at the moment my goal is to get just the faucets - if I find a supplier willing to deal I will go from there. If this actually goes down I will look into international shipping.

Solid idea on just going for the faucets... IMO, it would be a headache to try and couple shanks and such with this. Personally, I'll be using two in a portable kegorator tower, so I'll need those shanks. I could use a longer shank for the brew fridge door IF I decide to install one there.

I'm almost on the edge of my seat waiting for the pricing on the group buy... Depending on how much it is, and when it happens, I think 3-4 would be in order for me... Considering how I have an order I'm putting together with two of the 525SS faucets that has them at just under $40 each, saving some cabbage there would allow me to get additional items to help my setup. :D

I would be interested in 2 maybe 4 depending on price. Would that price include shipping? 25 for $900 is $36 a piece if we you to pay more than $4 for shipping that would put them back to $40. If you were to place an order somewhere that had flat rate shipping and added them to your order you would basically pay the same price. Of course if you ordered more I'm sure the shipping wouldn't be much different on 1 as it would be on 4.

I would be interested in 2 maybe 4 depending on price. Would that price include shipping? 25 for $900 is $36 a piece if we you to pay more than $4 for shipping that would put them back to $40. If you were to place an order somewhere that had flat rate shipping and added them to your order you would basically pay the same price. Of course if you ordered more I'm sure the shipping wouldn't be much different on 1 as it would be on 4.

yes shipping is another part of the puzzle. I think shipping one would be only a few dollars, but two would be at least 5 - and you could fit 4 or 5 faucets in a flat rate box I think - a small flat rate box is 5 bucks. Everyone I have talked to has said they would ship in bulk to me, then I would ship out. not sure what shipping on 50 faucets would be just to get to me.

UPDATE: AHS is sticking to their 100 dollars off per 25 faucets ordered, a good price but still shy of where I want to be to do this thing. I am looking for a price solidly under 30 dollars per faucet.

You guys just missed a great sale. Beveragefactory.com had perlick 525ss with a shank and tailpiece for $25. I got five of them. You may want to see if they will do it again. I got mine a few weeks ago.

When I go to farmhouse brewing supply, my price for 4 faucets including shipping is $32.32 each. That's $3.68 cheaper than the "discounted" austinhomebrew offer before any shipping costs.

I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud. I'd be in for 4 or 5 if this happens at a price point that makes sense, but really, the farmhouse brewing supply price is gonna be tough to beat when you factor in shipping collectively to the OP and then re-shipping to each recipient.

That said, IMO, austinhomebrew didn't really offer that attractive of a deal, especially considering his competitor's listed price of $30.49/faucet.

You guys just missed a great sale. Beveragefactory.com had perlick 525ss with a shank and tailpiece for $25. I got five of them. You may want to see if they will do it again. I got mine a few weeks ago.

That wasn't a sale. It was a pricing error that a few of us took advantage of.

jww9618 said:

A pricing error I should have jumped on when I saw it. I never thought the company would honor the price. Oh well. Now to do it the honest way. Blackmail.

I would be interested in this - but only if people were doing teh 575SS faucets. Any reason why people are only going with the 525?

CidahMastah said:
I would be interested in this - but only if people were doing teh 575SS faucets. Any reason why people are only going with the 525?

I had no interest in the creamer option so I went with 525ss. I probably would have gone 425ss but they are nearly gone the way of the dodo.

Should I find a company willing to discount under my 30 dollar lowest price I will ask about 575ss.

I had no idea - I just thought it was an incredible deal so I jumped on it! Better to be lucky than smart sometimes. :mug:

That being said - you may want to see if beveragefactory.com will float a deal. I just called them regarding this order to return a drip tray (I need a bigger one) and they were super helpful and sent the rma while I was on the phone. Great customer service!

If you crack open the 525, you can get the same effect as the 575.

Yeah I guess because that is what I have I wanted them all to match and look pretty ;) The creamer things is really cool on stouts like Guinness, etc. Not much more cost than the 525ss

I had no idea - I just thought it was an incredible deal so I jumped on it! Better to be lucky than smart sometimes. :mug:

That being said - you may want to see if beveragefactory.com will float a deal. I just called them regarding this order to return a drip tray (I need a bigger one) and they were super helpful and sent the rma while I was on the phone. Great customer service!

I agree, just check on their 525SSs and they have is listed as
List price: $45
Regular price: $36
Current sale: $34

So their regular price is what AHS is will to supply them at and you don't even need to organis a group buy.
Let us know if BF cut a good deal.

I already have three of the 575SS faucets installed in my brew fridge door. I'm looking to use two of the 525SS faucets with a portable kegorator mostly, but also have the option of changing out the other faucets for the 525SS models as I wish. Especially when I make a keezer (or larger brew fridge) and have more brews on tap.

Depending on price, I would be interested in up to 5 faucets.

Put me down for one please. I have a 525 in one of my tap faucets but need to get rid of that sticky second tap faucet.

You guys know farmhouse direct has the faucets on sale for 30.49 (525) and 34.99 (575)? He also says to contact him via email for group buys.

http://www.farmhousebrewingsupply.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=59

UPDATE: Just found out he can't discount faucets, they are a "loss leader". That might be the wrong tree to bark up. he would discount the shanks and tail piece set though...

I am aware of this, I listed it in the original post that i moved from the group buy forum. I have been in contact with him and I have recently purchased some perlicks from him - I think that farmhouse brewing is our best bet price wise so far - and we don't even have to deal with paypal group buy pains. I

I have tried several more retailers and wholesalers regarding a below 30 price point, If anything happens I will update.

I am aware of this, I listed it in the original post that i moved from the group buy forum. I have been in contact with him and I have recently purchased some perlicks from him - I think that farmhouse brewing is our best bet price wise so far - and we don't even have to deal with paypal group buy pains. I

I have tried several more retailers and wholesalers regarding a below 30 price point, If anything happens I will update.

My bad - didn't see that :)

Update: no reply from perlick or chi company. Lowest price is still farmhouse at 30.

Sending another email to perlick and chi. Will also try some other retailers I found.

I am looking in to converting my chest freezer in the next few months (good winter project). I would be down for 5 at a reasonable price!

Back