Hunahpu's Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewski1975

Reaction score
March 9th is Hunahpus day at Cigar City and I can't wait. I missed it last year, for those of you that went I understand the line got quite long. Whats the best time to get there? Cigar City just updated their website, I think they are opening around 8am. The first 4000 people get up to 3 bottles, sounds like its gonna be a great time. Who all is going??

We'll probably line up that morning. If it's like last year, the wrist bands will only guarantee you your two or three bottles depending on when you arrive. Believe me. they will have plenty of bottles. Later on during the day when they've gone through everyone in line and worked through everyone with a wrist band, they'll open it up to general sales and sell off the remaining stock. I think we came home with close to a case of Huna between us. The general sale started around 7 pm and they had plenty to buy. It's a medium sized brewery operation and they'll have the whole thing taped off outside the gate. Don't expect to park anywhere near it. Just find a place to park down Spruce Street and walk to it. Bring plenty of cash, a folding chair and comfy shoes, sunblock, and a water bottle. There will be a ton of beer options from the local homebrew clubs that help cater the event, as well as food trucks and other local restaurants hooking everyone up with eats. The bands will start in the early afternoon and go on until the wee hours. The tap room is too small to accommodate everyone and they will have several locations where you can buy your bottles and will have staff point you in the right direction. Just DON'T lose your wrist band. If you do, you're screwed until the open sale starts later that night (no guarantee you'll get a bottle).

Our motis operandi is to get a hotel room, secure our beer, go lock it up, then go back to the brewery and party. Our crew has rooms booked at a HoJo within stumbling distance of the brewery (conveniently located across from the strip clubs and a longhorn steak house) so i'm sure we'll park there early in the morning and walk across the street to CCB.

March 9th is Hunahpus day at Cigar City and I can't wait. I missed it last year, for those of you that went I understand the line got quite long. Whats the best time to get there? Cigar City just updated their website, I think they are opening around 8am. The first 4000 people get up to 3 bottles, sounds like its gonna be a great time. Who all is going??

You only have to stand in line if you want a wristband to buy bottles of hunahpu's. If you don't or if you want to take your chances with what's left at the end of the day you can pretty much just walk right in.

It's an awesome time - very crowded, very long lines, but the right kind of folks. You can leave your chairs/cooler unattended while you stand in line for beer/food/etc and not have to worry about anyone messing with your stuff. Although if you have a few bottles of hunahpu in your cooler I would not recommend that.

Back