• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Temp Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also search the forums for eBay aquarium dual stage temperature controller. You can easily build a digital two stage controller for less than 30 bucks. Just make sure you order the 120V controller.

Why do these STC-1000's all show 220v as the power input? I thought they were 110V? There are a few available from the US that wouldn't take as long to ship, but I want to make sure I get right one.

"This listing () has been removed, or this item is not available." :(

I'm in some sort of ebay glitch where it only will show me my expired purchases, just go to ebay, and type in "110V All-purpose Temperature Controller STC1000" into the search box, then look for vendor Mixtea.

Or better yet go to his store and look, just scroll down to the product description/parameters and make sure that it says, this, under the section, line 5 in Technical Parameters and not 220, or 12 volt (he sells all types).

Technical Parameters:
1. Temperature measuring range: -50~99oC;
2. Resolution: 0.1oC;
3. Accuracy: ±1oC (-50~70oC);
4. Sensor error delay: 1 minute
5. Power supply: 110VAC±10%, 50/60Hz;
6. Power consumption: ≤3W;
7. Sensor: NTC sensor (1PC);
8. Relay contact capacity: Cool 10A/250VAC;Heat 10A/250VAC;
9. Ambient temperature: 0~60oC;
10.Storage temperature: -30~75oC;
11.Relative humidity: 20%~85% (No condensate).

Why do these STC-1000's all show 220v as the power input? I thought they were 110V? There are a few available from the US that wouldn't take as long to ship, but I want to make sure I get right one.

They don't, you have to keep looking at the technical parameters like I noted above.

BUT most of the china vendors know enough to send the 110 version.

And I doubt any of the American Vendors would ship any faster than MIXTEA, like I've said, I've done two orders with him, and both orders of them came in 7 days.

I've gotten a notice from him that they have been shipped on the same day I placed the order.

I have tried that but I cant seem to get the range narrow enough...

All the ebay ones seem to display only in Celsius...I know its not that big of a deal but I would like F display

I just made a little chart that I keep near my chest freezer that has the conversion from c to f for the narrow range of temps we use. To me it's no big deal. How hard is it really to have a little piece of paper nearby that looks like this? To me it's a petty little thing for such a cheap price for a thing that does the job as good as a ranco or love controller?

Especially considering we're going to be having most of our beers around 7 degrees celcius.

C F
2 35.6
3 37.4
4 39.2
5 41.0
6 42.8
7 44.6
8 46.4
9 48.2
10 50.0
11 51.8
12 53.6
13 55.4

Here, I even saved you the work of having to google it. ;)

I really like my stc1000's. Even doing the math to convert isn't a hassle at all.

I really like my stc1000's. Even doing the math to convert isn't a hassle at all.

They're great for the price. I have one I use with a brew belt and/or fans as a fermentation temp controller (as shown in my ghetto lagering thread) I have one I use to run my ghetto sous vide machine, and one for the keezer I'm building.

Funny...I use my HERMS as a sous vide...absolutely fantastic.
And the stc1000 is SO easy to wire up...it takes longer to strip wire than to do the connections.

touché revvy...so what else is needed with these controllers?

There's a bunch of threads on here that show various wiring configurations. They're not hard to find. If you search for "ebay temp controller" you'll find the threads. When I started doing it I found TomSd's thread was the most helpful. I've posted an stc1000 schematic of his design in that thread.

are the stc-1000's all the same? The one I ordered has 220v and 110v mixed throughout the item description. I hope I get the right one. I should have been more patient.

I emailed the seller. Hopefully they send me the right one. Can anyone actually confirm that there ARE 220v models of the STC-1000? Would hooking it up to 110v not work?

Did you read what I posted in post 7, I gave you the information to look for. You have to scroll down to the product description, and check line 5.

I did. It's just troubling that it's mixed info. Pictures say 110v, red letters atop description say 110v (doesn't on other listings) yet the technical specs say 220v.

I kinda wonder if they're all 110v but the listings get reused, pictures reused, etc.

FWIW, response from seller I ordered from re: 220v/110v

Greetings. Thanks for your email.

This item can work on 110v standard US power supply.

You can buy with confidence.

Any further question or comments please let us know.

Best Regards,
Dana.

I have tried that but I cant seem to get the range narrow enough...

All the ebay ones seem to display only in Celsius...I know its not that big of a deal but I would like F display

There is a very similar looking single stage controller that reads in F, which appears to be made by the same company. If you're looking for a keezer build where you only need the cooling mode, that would work. They were also a couple bucks cheaper than the STC-1000 last I checked, and come with a nice SS probe instead of the oval rubber lump that the STC-1000 comes with.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Temperature-Controller-Thermostat-Aquarium-F-/320926548163?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab8b680c3#ht_3947wt_1396

are the stc-1000's all the same? The one I ordered has 220v and 110v mixed throughout the item description. I hope I get the right one. I should have been more patient.

I emailed the seller. Hopefully they send me the right one. Can anyone actually confirm that there ARE 220v models of the STC-1000? Would hooking it up to 110v not work?

There are both 110v and 220v units, and the 220v units will not work on 110v (it will power on, but the relays won't close). Some people who accidentally ordered the wrong voltage were able to get them to work by replacing the transformer. Most sellers will send the correct voltage for the country you're in, but you should still double check, and it doesn't hurt to put a reminder of the voltage you want in the notes when you pay for it.

His pictures all show 110v, his item description in red letters say 110v, but the technical data says 220v...confusing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-purpose...ltDomain_0&hash=item3369717de0#ht_3985wt_1164

Some of the specs are simply mentioning the rating of the relays, not what voltage the unit runs on. They also use a lot of the same pics and manuals for both the 110v and 220v units.

Back