Tiny Bubbles Like Champagne in beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockweezy

Reaction score
After bottles and waiting 3 weeks, I have openned bottles of my first 2 batches and noticed that the beer has bubbles consistantly rising from the bottom of the glass for at least a few minutes. It is almost like champagne. I rarely if ever had a beer like this. Last night, I looked closely at the points where bubbles were rising from (on the side of the glass was one). It looked as if there was some sediment stuck to the glass. I thinking maybe all it is poor pouring on my part resulting in priming sugar in my glass.

That's perfectly normal for beer to bubble like that. As for the priming sugar, that's actually yeast sediment, or it's a not-completely-washed glass. The priming sugar is (OK, it SHOULD be) completely dissolved into the beer. If the bubbles seem to be rising a lot from that spot, it's because they're nucleation sites for the CO2 to form bubbles at.

Latest posts

Back