What hops to pair with Summit (no amarillo)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmawar

Reaction score
Just as its says in the title, getting hold of some Summit but no amarillo in stock, so what other hops would pair well for IPA and IIPA recipes? Cascade maybe? here is the store I am getting my order from thehomebrewcompany.co.uk

cheers

Go grab a 6er of Widmer Pale Ale...its fantastic. They pair summit with Alchemy and Nelson Sauvin . I highly recommend it

So do Palisade - i make a hoppy brown with these two that is fantastic.

Recall Tommy Knocker Pick Axe IPA using Willamette, Summit and Nugget (not certain on the Nugget).

Actually it is Chinook, Summit, and Willamette. I've brewed an IPA with this combo with great success. Bitterred with Chinook, late additions of all three, and dry hopped with Summitt and Willamette.

Actually it is Chinook, Summit, and Willamette. I've brewed an IPA with this combo with great success. Bitterred with Chinook, late additions of all three, and dry hopped with Summitt and Willamette.

Thanks I was thinking Chinook but recently order some Nugget so it was on my mind.

Thanks I was thinking Chinook but recently order some Nugget so it was on my mind.

I couldn't remember either. I originally got the info from their website at the time, but they have changed the site. I had to refer to my recipe list in Beersmith to recall.

Cheers:mug:

brtisbuck said:

I can get the Chinook, not so sure about the Willamette. I will check some other Online stores or drop the guys an email at the new place im trying.

scratch that, just checked again and they have Willamette for £2.50! nice!

Cheers all

I just dryhopped a pale ale with 23g each of Summit/Simcoe/Citra. I'm looking forward to a magical smell. I'll update on how it turns out.

EllisTX said:
I just dryhopped a pale ale with 23g each of Summit/Simcoe/Citra. I'm looking forward to a magical smell. I'll update on how it turns out.

Love love love that blend. I use that in my double ipa dry hop, but I also add Columbus, Amarillo, and centennial.

MaltnHops said:
Just made an IPA with Summit and Columbus, and it is amazing!

That's a good combo, my house IPA is evenly split between Summit, Columbus, and Nugget. Love that combo.

Back