One gallon batches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beersdeep

Reaction score
Someone posted somewhere in here that they like to make one gallon batches in the winter.

If anyone out there does this, what are you fermenting your batches in?

Anything we can find. Typically it's often in a wine jug, like for cheap gallo burgandy. But anything that can hold a little over a gallon of liquid can be used.

Someone posted somewhere in here that they like to make one gallon batches in the winter.

If anyone out there does this, what are you fermenting your batches in?

There's a very recent, and massive thread titled "one gallon brewers unite", where this is discussed in great detail.

In short, you can ferment is just about anything. I've used a giant plastic pretzel bucket - for example.

I have several of those five liter wine jugs I use with a stopper and airlock. Usually you need a blow off tube if fermenting anywhere north of 65F and/or using a violent strain.

Thanks. I'll find that thread.

Off to buy a gallon jug of wine (he said proudly).

One gallon carboys are sold everywhere...they have a screwtop (38mm plastic srew tops) that take tubing and airlocks perfectly

Back