So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starter is started... Doing a robust porter on Saturday with an Irish Ale yeast

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Brewing up an IPA on Saturday for the big brew.. I'm all out of IPA and craving it!

Irish red for big brew day here.... and need to find some time to go to St-Louis microfest...

Planning on my first AG Saturday, using the Brieu Haus take on that APA with Citra and Cascade. Gosh I hope it turns out well but I'm expecting the unsuspected, just want a drinkeable beer. lol .

I'll be attempting my first double brew day this Sunday. Gonna brew an American blonde as well as an English pale ale, gotta keep the pipeline going.

Doing a totally out of season Oktoberfest-style ale with 1007 ale yeast because ... why not?

Using local 2-row and hops to make a a SMaSH.... except with 3 kinds of hops. Excitement.

Got my first Maris Otter (10#'s) to do my very first sMasH! Very excited and will use Columbus hops for flavor and bitterness, though only one oz.

In all my years of brewing I've never tried to do this style before...

Planning on being a Sunday of firsts. First time using my stir plate to make my first starter to make a first Belgian Wit using the first bottle harvested yeast. Seems I have no idea what I'm getting myself into.

Gotta brew on Big Brew Day!

Have kegs about to kick and their same-style back-ups just as imminently going into service, so I need to back-fill the back-ups to keep the pipeline moving along. Planning on doing two batches tomorrow - the big ol' hundred point AHA Split Open and Melt stout recipe in keeping with the day (but hacked to add a metric crap load of chocolate at each phase of the brew) and a random sixty point dark ale. Next weekend a pale and an ipa, the following weekend an esb and a wheat...

Woof! :drunk: My pipeline owns me!

Cheers! :mug:

Got the spring water to brew an ESB tomorrow for National Home Brewer's day! I'll have both fermenters full. got my new bottling table set up too! :mug:

Took hops outta the freezer & LME,yeast outta the fridge to warm up for brewing the ESB in a while. Just hop I'm not taking my son to work during critical steps in the boil...:mug:

Well, I hit my mash and pH spot on, but then got a massively stuck sparge, struggled with that, somehow got grain into the HLT ( still trying to figure out how the heck I did that) but things are back on track now.

Celebrating National Homebrew Day tomorrow with a Family Reunion (simcoe, nugget, mosaic) IPA and a Whye (wheat/rye) Pale Ale exclusively hopped with El Dorado. Should be a good day!

Finally got the steeping water heating up after a nap. Too many excursions 6 days a week in the wee hours to get son from work. Crushed grains in bucket as well. Only 1.4lbs for the ESB.

Celebrating National Homebrew Day tomorrow with a Family Reunion (simcoe, nugget, mosaic) IPA and a Whye (wheat/rye) Pale Ale exclusively hopped with El Dorado. Should be a good day!

I made a dipa with all el Dorado hops. Very good super tropical fruit taste.

National Homebrew day - did a Schwarzbier but with Kolsch yeast. Next brew will be YAIPA (yet another IPA), specifics to be determined. [Last two were a Sculpin IPA and an English Style IPA. Others in my rotation that I'm thinking about: Victory Hop Devil, Sierra Nevada Celebration, LakeFront IPA, enhocs IPA, Bells Two Hearted, a Columbus Day (mostly Columbus hops) IPA. So many to choose from, so little time to brew!]

Just pitched Denny's Favorite 50 into Denny's "Nick Danger' porter. You'd think it was National Denny Day or something. :D

I'm almost done with the mash on my blonde ale. Still have a stout to brew before I'm done for the day.

I finally got done taking my son to work & hittin' Walmart on the way back. Went to the drive through to get some Great Lakes Chill Wave DIPA to go with the others for later. Now I can get my boil going after weighing out some of the extract.

After several long months of not brewing, today I made a batch of Tri-Crops Cream Ale. All went well, should be brewing something else in another 2 weeks. Gotta fill my Keezer, heheheheheheh.

I had planned on a 10 gallon batch of ginger beer for tomorrow, I can go AG or PM with MO extract and 6 row. I went to 2 of my usual stores and the ginger root supply was completely dessicated. I don't think anyone bought any since my last purchase. I'll look again tomorrow and if not available I may dejectedly do a blond or a cream ale. I have some T-58 and the temps are perfect.

First 10 gallons of citra/Simcoe pale in the fermentor. Boiling 10 gallons of ipa with a British grain bill and 10 oz of Ahtamum between the flavor and hopstand additions. Going to dry hop it with EKG, Czech Saaz, and mor Ahtanum.

Gettin' the FV & spigot cleaned & sanitized while I wait from bittering to flavor & aroma additions. Northern brewer for bittering & EKG for flavor/aroma.

5 gallons of blonde ale moved into the fermenter, 10 minutes into the mash for the stout now. Progress. Enjoying a homebrew or 4 in celebration of the holiday along the way. Cheers, fellow brewers! :mug:

quick batch of Newcastle clone extract from AIH.
Both taps are empty and with all the spring stuff that needs done outside this seemed like a good way to fill a tap.

Did 5 gallons of a chamomile wheat beer. Smelled...EXCELLENT! Planning on a big brew with some friends tomorrow. Not sure what I'm gonna do on that yet. Something Belgian because that's the yeast I have on the stirplate at the moment.

Got my ESB in the fermenter last night. The re-hydrated S-04 yeast took off sometime during the wee hours overnight. My Irish red is in the FV a week today. Great to have my fermenters full again!

Back