Homebrewing laws overseas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forrest

Reaction score
Westminster, Uk. But only till the end of Decembe
Hi, As I have stated on here before, I am currently a culinary student. I only have about 6 months left in school and then I plan on going to Europe for a few years. I have searched all over the internet but can't seem to find anything regarding any of the laws regarding home brewing in any of the European Countries. The two Countries that I stand the greatest probablilty of going too are Italy and the UK. I really hope that homebrewing is legal there.

Any help will be appreciated.

:D

We have a fair amount of UK brewers here so you should be good there. Their equipment seems to be a bit different and they seem to order online so I don't think there are too many HBS with driving distance.

This link is 10 years old but a google located someone in Italy doing homebrew so it apparently is legal. He mentions no stores in Italy at least in '96. http://www.hbd.org/hbd/archive/2195.html#2195-3

Back