Beer fest in philly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaydlaw

Reaction score
There having a beer fest this weekend in philly at the wells Fargo center, anyone been to previous ones? How are they? I'm thinking about going since I'll be up there.

Philly rezident here. This city is awesome for beer pretty much always. I've been to a few beer festivals. Generally it's great fun and awesome for networking/meeting friends/getting free swag, but it's definitely not your only opportunity to enjoy a variety of good brews.

Downside is that it's kinda expensive, and definitely a sensory overload as far as tasting beer. Those tiny cups and long lines will drive you crazy the first hour, but then it's all gravy. You will get to try everything.

Best thing you can do is bring a notepad and take notes on whatever breweries, styles, hop flavors, etc. so you can follow up on it later.

In the future, keep an eye out for upcoming festivals and contact them about volunteering. I've done it a few times and it's a great way to save $50 and feel important. Cheerz!

Back