Cheap turkey fryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AHammer16

Reaction score
Bayou Classic Turkey Fryer Kit — 55,000 BTU, 18lb. Capacity
Aluminum stockpot can fry an entire turkey up to 18 lbs. Patented design facilitates a circular flow of oil, creating an even cooking temperature throughout the pot. Includes vented lid, perforated poultry rack, grab hook and 12in. stainless steel thermometer. Add some spice to your turkey with a 1–oz. trial seasoning injector. High–pressure, 55,000 BTU gas cooker comes with hose and regulator (tank not included).

In Stock
Ship Wt. 27.0 lbs... Calculate Shipping
Item# 33638
Discount Price $49.99
110% Guaranteed Lowest Price!

Qty

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...roductId=200186224&R=200186224&issearch=33638

just saw it in one of my catalogs thought i would share the info

I agree with wild. That is not a great price. You can pick them up a lot less (maybe not 10 bucks like wild's) at Walmart, Target..etc. Look for them on sale at these places. Also, 55,000 btu is awefully small.

loop

I bought my Stainless Steel fryer from Academy Sports. It's 36 quarts and SS everything including the burner. I paid around 65$ for it.

So is everyone in agreement that the turkey frying kit is a pretty good all-grain kit? Because if it is, that's the route I'm thinking of going. I'm trying to talk my buddy into the home-brew realm since he's a beerficionado like ourselves who has a creative flair for cooking and recently purchased a house. If we're all in agreement, it seems like a VERY economical route to take. I bought my 22qt stainless steel pot for $50.00ish

Trying to find a decent turkey fryer to use my 7.5Gal kettle on to utilize a full boil. Any advice on this item: Turkey Fryer ?

The 35$ fryer's description is:
The Eastman® Revolution™ high-output, 65,000 BTU propane burner can easily be used for camping, tailgating or in the backyard with a compact and powerful design. It's constructed with a clean-burning cast element and a heavy-duty, high-pressure hose and regulator.

Is the BTU too low? Can't find anything locally on the inexpensive side (including Wal-Mart's site).

Cheesefood said:
So is everyone in agreement that the turkey frying kit is a pretty good all-grain kit? Because if it is, that's the route I'm thinking of going. I'm trying to talk my buddy into the home-brew realm since he's a beerficionado like ourselves who has a creative flair for cooking and recently purchased a house. If we're all in agreement, it seems like a VERY economical route to take. I bought my 22qt stainless steel pot for $50.00ish

Yep. That's the only reason I bought one. It'll never see a turkey (other than the one doing the brewing!).

Back