Deep Six Brewing System - v2.0

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love to tinker as well, and I'm a gadget fanatic, so this is quite the setup. I've used the labjack before in tandem with LabView software, so I was investigating to see if anyone had used that type of system to control relays, etc. It's nice to know it's been done, so even though I don't care to delve into the software develipment aspect, it seems that it could be a viable solution for someone like me to create an automatic brewhouse system. Now all I need is time and money to put it all together :D

I haven't updated this thread in awhile. My rig is still regularly being tweaked and undergoing upgrades. Here is a photo from this weekend after recently replacing all the fittings with tri clover, adding a needle valve to prime the pump, and adding two 3-way valves to divert flow from wort recirculation to sparging without exchanging hoses. The open valve goes out to the boil kettle..

05-05-14a-62919.jpg

Second the open sourcing. Sounds like you don't really want to deal with merchandising the software (very understandable) - but releasing the code to the community would be a big gesture.

I'm in the beginning of going electric and researching various ways to do so - Kal's excellent site, something like what you've done.. trying to figure ways to save some bucks but not bite myself. I can put together computers and stuff, but am not a coder.

Anyway - most excellent work here! Thanks for sharing what you did. /jd

I though the old system was a two vessel system. (May be confusing it with another brewery)What made you go to three?

I remember! But going to have to go through it all again and I'll post whatever comments/suggestions I think:ban: could be helpful. Cheers and welcome back!

Latest posts

Back