Grabass Kickass Christmas Beer Blast - 12/2/07

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walker-san said:
Were you able to get everything OK today at AmBrew, Prof?

Hey, I just noticed something on AmBrew's website.

If you go through the process of adding items to your cart and then proceed to the checkout steps, there is an option there under the shipping options for "Store Pickup", which costs you nothing.

That could make things easier when we make runs to the store for each other, because you can just pay for your own stuff on-line and just have someone else pick it up from the store for you.

Sweet.

That's good thinking Walker-san. I got all your ingredients - they had leaf hops for the Kent Goldings (2 oz.) and pellet hops for the Fuggles (1 oz.). See you guys Sunday!

I'll be out raking leaves this afternoon if you guys want to come by to set up shop and have a beer. If everything goes according to plan we should have 5 kettles set up, a new GRABASS record.

Walker, I have a birthday beer for you!

It's a pretty good hike for me to do it twice, I'll just get there no later than 8 am to get started.

Happy Birthday Walker!

See you all bright and early tomorrow.

I will come bearing donuts.

Prof, any idea what I owe you (so I can bring the cash)?

Walker-san said:
I will come bearing donuts.

My wife was giving me **** about that today. I bought some muffins to bring. She took one look and said, "Toys for Tots, muffins . . . what's next? Are you all going to sit around and talk about your feelings?"

So much for He Man Woman Hater Brew Day :p

Chad

Chad said:
So much for He Man Woman Hater Brew Day :p
Speak for yourself. I bought DONUTS, not muffins. Muffins are like gay donuts.

But.... do tell your wife that we always talk about our feelings; hungry, thirsty, gassy, drunk, hungover, etc.

-walker

Walker, it came out to about $27. Sorry I didn't let you know early, I was at a "Hills" party tonight. Apparently they're on MTV and drink Miller Lite. Ugh. I'll be bringing some Milk Stout for breakfast.

It was great meeting Frink, Chad, and Beerthoven today. (And good to see Joebou again.)

Boston and nosnhojr...? I could have done without them.

I had a great time. We'll have to get together again to sample the brews that we made today.

-walker

It was indeed a pretty great time. I enjoyed hanging out with all of you. Sorry about being so slow. And now (drum roll, please), the updated numbers . . . almost 82% efficiency with the re-crushed grains from Boston's mill. Woohoo! I'll try and get some pictures up tomorrow.

Chad

It was great to hang out with you guys again. Next time I will brew. Christmas trees be damned. Hope the beers turn out great. I loved the Prof's milk stout. Cant wait to see some pics.

joebou4860 said:
It was great to hang out with you guys again. Next time I will brew. Christmas trees be damned. Hope the beers turn out great. I loved the Prof's milk stout. Cant wait to see some pics.

Aw, crap. I missed the milk stout. Must have been consumed while I was plodding along in the corner.

Awesome group brew today. Great to meet other Chad, Richard and Joe. Next time we'll break that GRABASS record. Stay tuned for pics that will show you why you shouldn't put your hose near the fire.

2083210903_ea6b174f0e.jpg

Nosnhojr, Professor Frink, Walker-san & Beerthoven drinking Boston's good coffee

2083994638_1ce61e3cc2.jpg

Boston, Nosnhojr, Walker-san & Joebou4860 (who, due to the restrictions of the witness protection program, can only allow the back of his head to be photographed)

2083211037_1b3ddafbb2.jpg

First runnings

2083994832_bec02d7de8.jpg

Boston's ugly junk (actually it's a nice rig but we have to compete with Biermuncher's ugly junk somehow)

2083994734_70a71137fc.jpg

What Not To Do: Lesson 1

2083211217_a9040fbe0e.jpg

Professor Frink communes with his mash

2083211297_88dd77e768.jpg

Sanitation -- Southern style :D

Thanks for hosting, Boston, it was a good time.

It was good to see Boston, Professor Frink, and Chad again, and to meet Walker-san, joebou4860, and nosnhojr.

Next time I'll brew.

Cheers!

Wow, Boston. I barely recognized you in something other than your High Life shirt.

Nice rig, deck, and setup in general. Who burned their propane hose?

Speaking of Boston, the city, that's where I was this weekend - witch-tit cold, but otherwise very nice.

Focus

Bringing this thread back...

When we left Jeff's house on that Sunday, we talked about getting back together for either the AFC or NFC Championship game and partaking the fine ales that were cooked up.

That would make THIS WEEKEND the target get-together time.

Who's still in? I can offer up my house for the gathering (if you don't mind another trip down to the rough-n-tumble south-side of Cary.)

-walker

I can probably pull that off on Sunday. I have one bottle left of my brew but the rest in the keg should be carbed and I can probably bring a growler too.

FYI: If we do this at my place, I figure we'll have about 8 beers on tap and 42" HD Plasma for the game. I'll probably fire up the grill for burgers and brats.

I've got my first all-grain batch kegged, so I can bring that along. I'll also bring some of the raspberry melomel along for your consideration...

Hey, btw, I'm just finishing up the last bottle of the Great Divide Hibernation Ale that Boston provided as a door prize! Damn hoppy, and mighty strong at 8.1%, but tasty!

Walker-san said:
FYI: If we do this at my place, I figure we'll have about 8 beers on tap and 42" HD Plasma for the game. I'll probably fire up the grill for burgers and brats.

42" HD? Just tell me what time to be there.

And I vote for no gay donuts.

Beerthoven said:
I'd love to come.

Are kids and spouses welcome?

Kids and SWMBOs are welcome. I've got a 5 year old, a 3 year old, and a 3.5 month old myself, and I doubt I'll be able to kick them out of the house anyway. :)

Walker-san said:
Kids and SWMBOs are welcome. I've got a 5 year old, a 3 year old, and a 3.5 month old myself, and I doubt I'll be able to kick them out of the house anyway. :)

Excellent. I have a 2 year old and an almost-5 year old. I'll talk to SWMBO tonight. I'll mention the 8 taps...that should get her interest.

We can make it! Maybe not until 5 or 6, but we can be there (Jack naps from 2-5 most days). We'll bring something to share for dinner and some homebrew to sample as well.

Looking forward to it! :mug:

GO PATS!

We're meeting up with the New England Patriots Fans of North Carolina over at the Fox & Hound. Have fun!

Before we get too far here, I need to talk to my wife about a few things.

I don't know for certain if I will be able to pull this off (I am sort of double-booked Sunday, apparently.) :(

:tank:

I have to call this off, fellas. Sorry.

There was some confusion about which day (Sat or Sun) and other oblications that I have to meet. I am going to be in and out of the house all day Saturday and am expected at a friend's house for the game on Sunday.

No problem. These things happen.

How do you guys feel about having another brewday in Feb or March? I'll talk to Kellie about the feasibility of hosting at my house.

No worries. It turns out I might not have been able to make it anyway, I may have to go into work. I'm definitely up for another brewday. I'm out of the country Feb. 12-17, and I'm busy the weekend of March 21st, but other than that I should be ok.

I'm supposed to make a business trip to CA in Feb, but the dates are not set yet. I'll have to play it by ear. March would probably work.

Back