What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay ... so this one is the best "Gabe" style beer I have. This is a "Belgian inspired, barrel aged, American hopped experimental sorta ale." More importantly it is tasty. Prost Gabe!

image-2943658659.jpg

I was nervous opening this little fella. Last 2 I've had from this vintage have been awful. Barely audible hiss at opening is not reassuring.

image-2273240985.jpg

This is a good bottle though! Maybe a few or ten years past it's prime, but heck, it's 25 yr old beer! Show of hands, who wasn't born yet when this was bottled?

And on to this trippel from san Luis Obispo. At the brewery it was fantastic but after two months in the bottle it was damn near undrinkable. Huuuuge banana caramel flavor and overly sweet

I was nervous opening this little fella. Last 2 I've had from this vintage have been awful. Barely audible hiss at opening is not reassuring.

This is a good bottle though! Maybe a few or ten years past it's prime, but heck, it's 25 yr old beer! Show of hands, who wasn't born yet when this was bottled?

I was a tot.

Got some hops for my friend coming in tomorrow. Going to Uproar festival Saturday.

Excited to try Sculpin with all the positive reviews!

image-1192879924.jpg

Okay ... so this one is the best "Gabe" style beer I have. This is a "Belgian inspired, barrel aged, American hopped experimental sorta ale." More importantly it is tasty. Prost Gabe!

View attachment 140528

They released an accidental lacto stout, Sour Devil, I really liked. It got some bad reviews and I was hammered when I drank it, so maybe it's not great. Not good enough to buy again when I saw for $14 in Deleware or wherever that liqour store was.

View attachment 140535

Graduating college at that point...you youngin! ;)

I'm much more a fan of Chris Barnes in Six Feet Under than Cannibal Corpse, though I still rock CC. also a fan of Bolt Thrower.:rockin:

I agree I like six feet under better but I will throwdown with some cannibal corpse in fact I do it at work sometimes just to piss everyone off :-D :rockin:

Widmer Bro's Hop-side Down IPA. It's not bad, just wish there was more actual hop FLAVOR to match the hop bitterness. (I'm still lamenting the 200 miles between me and the nearest 6'er of Hopalicious).

TNGabe said:

That would be from the year I was born.

Drinking this tasty little Belgian ale/ Belgian wine ale but I think a little too carbonated for the style IMO
image-3126358877.jpg

Cornerstone ale, swmbo and I had a big fight and she wants to sleep at her friend's place tonight. Whatta day.....

A little Midwestern Pale Ale to continue the night while designing a recipe to use my newly acquired Kohatu hops in.

Know anything about the kohatu? I think they're kinda bland for NZ nops, are they another hallertau descendant? I haven't used them, only had them in a randall. Good pilsner or maybe saison type hop, not sure how they'd go in an IPA or APA.

Damn son. I was just getting ready to post this. It is tasty. Wish I'd picked up more than one.

ForumRunner_20130808_221427.png

Back