Half chest freezer Half fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjlammer

Reaction score
So i have like 6 pounds of hops now, and no place to store them.... I think that SWMBO would like to have a chest freezer, and I would like to have a fermentation chamer. I had an idea on how to get both, but I wanted to run it by the gurus.

I was thinking that i could split a chest freezer into two sections. the first section would be a freezer, and it would be controlled by the OEM temperature controller.

There would be a wall between the sections comprised of rigid foam board and plastic paneling. A fan would blow cold air from the freezer to fermentation chamber controlled by a Johnson Temperature Controller.

The wall would be 3" of rigid foam paneling, and would hopefully seal to the lid when the lid is shut.

Do you think this will work?

I do not believe it will work, the condenser coils run in the walls of the freezer, so you could have no way to stop the freezer from cooling the whole thing.

oh sh-t, i thought there was a blower like in my fridge... I thought this was going to be banner idea

Back