new guy from indiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bafroom

Reaction score
well a buddy of mine, from a video gaming forum, pointed out this site to me, and i've been reading it like crazy for the last few weeks. tons of useful info, all of which helped me through my first brew last week, an ipa out of kit (man did those steeping grains smell good!). i figured i better join up, so i can ask some questions.

oh yeah, i'm a married 31 year old guy, with a video game hobby that reaches near addiction levels sometimes (man i love gears of war), and i'm hoping that i'll soon be enjoying a steady stream of homebrew, while i game!

Welcome to HBT. I enjoy video games too. I play the Ninja Gaiden series.

I travel to Indianapolis a lot and always try to hit up Brugge Brasserie. Have you guys been there? I love it!? I think there is one in Terre Haute as well.

Brugge - Indiana

I'm in Anderson. Welcome to HBT. You'll soon be an expert. I don't know if you've got something closer up there, but Great Fermentations in Indianapolis is an excellent home brew store.

I'm in Anderson. Welcome to HBT. You'll soon be an expert. I don't know if you've got something closer up there, but Great Fermentations in Indianapolis is an excellent home brew store.

yeah, there's a local store called brewer's art supply. it's a hole in the wall, but the lady that runs it is really friendly, and has been pretty helpful as well. i've already been there for a handful of times, and i've even set aside some money for my next brew...which i'm not completely sure what will be! this apfelwein (which appears EVERYWHERE around here) looks good...i'll figure out something, i'm sure!

I am from St. Leon, Indiana which is right on the Ohio border. I am closer to Cincinnati than to Indianapolis. I was hoping that you would be closer. Im yet to meet another homebrewer face to face.

Welcome, like most everyone else, this site has taught me loads, I'd be lost without it.

Apfewien is pretty popular around here. Mainly because it is much easier to make than beer and it's 8.5% ABV. If you don't like white wine you're going to want to deviate from the original recipe. Check out the cider forum.

I told you this was a site full of people who know their stuff.

Oh, and welcome:mug:. I know you will be the post whore of post whores here:rockin:

I'm all for that. I haven't met any other homebrewers face to face. Most people around here like to drink my beer, but don't much care about the process. I'm usually lurking.

Back