Bourbon County Groupie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opus345

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've always been a very independent person and don't feel that you should be a slave to your emotions.

Then I discovered Goose Island Bourbon County Stout on tap. Could a beer be any blacker? Way past the color of used motor oil. It has been described as a black hole which is accurate. The rich malt and bourbon taste is fantastic and the aroma might be the best part of the experience.

A couple days after my first taste, I thought I would go looking for it at the local bottle shops. A couple of the complete beer shops did actually laugh at my naive question.

After reading that Jake's Cigar Bar (Omaha NE) was going to tap a single keg on Friday, I found myself clearing the calendar and dragging the wife and son (just turned 21) down to the bar for a taste. It was worth it. The boy enjoyed it and I ended up drinking the wife's glass while she opted for a Sophie.

I realized this morning, that I have joined the Bourbon County groupie.

Back