Should I add some DME??? Boiling now

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastmetal

Reaction score
I am brewing Ed Wort's Haus Ale

All grain BIAB

Recipe Type: All Grain
Yeast: Nottingham
Yeast Starter: Nope
Additional Yeast or Yeast Starter: Nope
Batch Size (Gallons): 5.5
Original Gravity: 1.051
Final Gravity: 1.011
IBU: 39
Boiling Time (Minutes): 60
Color: 5 SRM
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 10 Days at 68 degrees

This is my Haus Pale Ale. A very quaffable beer that is very easy to make using basic ingredients and a dry yeast.

Grain Bill
8 lbs. 2-Row Pale Malt
2 lbs. Vienna Malt
0.5 lb. Crystal 10L Malt

Mash
Single Infusion mash for 60 minutes at 152 degrees.

My thermometer crapped out right before I mashed in so I relied on a backup. That one was reading high. I found batteries for my good one but ended up mashing in at 140 ish. Took 15 min to ramp up to 152 but I didn't stir good and it was more like 156. So would the starting low temps make up for the 45 min at 156 or should I add some DME just to be safe. Either way it will be beer and it will be fine I was just wondering.

Did you take a gravity before you started the boil? Are you worried about NOT having non-fermentables?

?????

Ed Worts Haus Pale Ale is one of my favorites Im sure it will work out just fine.

Yup it worked out fine. I think starting out low and ramping up helped. The key was the 2 pints of Amber I drank during the boil. :)

Latest posts

Back