Breweries or Bars in Costa Mesa, Ca

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bambrew

Reaction score
I will be doing a week of training in Costa Mesa in April. Any good places to check out there? Any easy ways to get around in that area? Is there anything like BART there? I will be down without a car and renting a car to drive to a brewery to drink doesn't seem like a great plan.

I used to like going to a bar called "The Goat" in Costa Mesa. Not sure about beer selection as when I lived in CA I still mostly drank BMC, but its got a cool atmosphere and loaded with good looking woman. I met quite a few Anaheim Angels players there too.

I would also check out the Karl Strauss Brewery Resturant.

Couple of great places in Costa Mesa that I know of. one being "The Goat Hill Tavern" the other being "Karl Strauss co" great beers at both, there are alot of great places to eat also. Taxi is probably the best way to get around.

Go to Hollingshead's during the week in orange and Tustin Brew Company is close to Costa Mesa. Normal brewpub hours.

I lived out there in 1988 i hung out at the Goat Hill Tavern. I had been told it was closed or very different. At the time it was great fun, long bar, tons of beer, sawdust on the floor.

A little further south (again in the 80s) was a place called The Breezes. It was well stocked with attractive sights.

Unfortunately public transit isn't fantastic in the area, nothing at all like BART. If it were possible to get there, The Bruery is about 10 or less miles away from Costa Mesa, but I don't know how feasible that would be.

Back