Just opened my first beer from my first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heertsy

Reaction score
Honey Brown Ale. Been in the bottles only 12 days but i just HAD to try one. If you can remember, I was a bit worried after tasting the wort and post fermentation, where I let it sit in the fermenter for 4 weeks (don't use a secondary....yet!)

So I chilled her down, and poured into a nice frosty mug.

How did it taste?? EXCELLENT!!!!! :rockin:

Still had a TINY bit of a weird aftertaste that seem to be bitter on the sides of my tounge, and left my tounge almost a bit dry it seemed. I think I am just being too picky though. We'll see what my friends have to say...

But overall, I think it is pretty darn good. I can't complain!!! Perfect carbonation which I think everyone worries about. it was cloudy as hell but NOTHING floating around in it. Gonna let the bottles sit another week now.

Very glad I did the full boil. Very glad I bought a wort chiller right off the bat. Very glad I have a propane burner.

Next up.....secondaries, yeast starters, and MORE BEER!!! :mug:

I also want to say a quick thanks to this board and everyone on it, you have been a HUGE help and look forward to brewing with you all more in the future!

sounds tasty! always good to see a first brew turn out well.

set a six-pack of that brew aside for a few months. after you've brewed a ton more beer you can still open up one of your first and toast to this wonderful hobby ;)

:mug:

Not sure: Either a.....

1) Creamy Smoked Amber Ale
2) Bavarian Bock
3) Steamroller Stout
4) Scotch Ale

Congrats man! When I tried my first brew a few weeks ago, it was a very satisfying experience. Glad it turned out well!

awesome job. when i cracked open my first pale ale it was a great feeling, and it tasted great. you gain an even more profound appreciation for beer after you've tasted your own. im still new to this hobby myself, so congrats again.

I think that is gonna be the hard part, knowing how much work it takes and only getting 50 beers.

Gonna be hard to justify drinking more than 2 or 3 in any setting so the batch lasts longer!

Guess that is why we have to keep brewing! :)

Back