First!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't really get old for me, but it sure as heck does get costly!!! I poured at eight or so events last year and have 13 scheduled for this year. The feedback is well worth it to me, but my wallet still hates me.

Feedback is good, but seeing as this is really only a hobby, it sucks giving away 40-80 bucks worth of beer, especially when my stash at home is running low. :ban:

Also, last nights turnout was awesome. 30+ beers there and a ton of new faces. It was good to meet some new folks.

That was an absolutely amazing turnout. Thanks to those of you on here that showed up! I hope you all had a great time!

Hehe, that's why I try to creatively formulated batches for events that only cost me $20 or $30, and use up some of the stuff that I've had on hand for too long already.... :p

I really enjoyed my first time out at one of these events. Really looking forward to becoming a member and getting involved.

Hi im in west omaha and am a new home brewer. ive done about 3 extract brews and about to do my 4th, so far all of them have turned out great. I am looking into getting into ag and will be playing with it when i go back to my home town of san diego in 3 weeks.

Hi im in west omaha and am a new home brewer. ive done about 3 extract brews and about to do my 4th, so far all of them have turned out great. I am looking into getting into ag and will be playing with it when i go back to my home town of san diego in 3 weeks.

Do you permanently live here or in SD?

Do you permanently live here or in SD?

I permanently live here in omaha about 168th and center. born and raised in sd though. I have been here for about 7 years. I moved here for my wife and then had a son so decided to stay

132nd and Fort here. I brew on a weekly basis. PM me if you want to come by and see how I batch sparge in a cooler for all grain.

132nd and Fort here. I brew on a weekly basis. PM me if you want to come by and see how I batch sparge in a cooler for all grain.

Same, I'm around Northwest HS and brew on a fairly consistent basis. I'm always up for a few beers and some company while brewing.

Thought I would post this here. Selling some keg parts and a 5lb steel co2 tank. I also have 3 3lb bricks of dme, 2 are golden 1 is bavarian wheat. I have some briess pale 2 row and pilsner rahr lbs and various other grains. I have a good amount of hops all in the freezer in 1 or 2oz increments. 1 carona mill. I would like to unload this stuff to a local homebrewer in omaha. I live downtown and would ship some items if it is worth it.

ForumRunner_20130420_172147.jpg

ForumRunner_20130420_172156.jpg

Thought I would post this here. Selling some keg parts and a 5lb steel co2 tank. I also have 3 3lb bricks of dme, 2 are golden 1 is bavarian wheat. I have some briess pale 2 row and pilsner rahr lbs and various other grains. I have a good amount of hops all in the freezer in 1 or 2oz increments. 1 carona mill. I would like to unload this stuff to a local homebrewer in omaha. I live downtown and would ship some items if it is worth it.

Can you pm me the hops you have and what you would like for them?

Hey everyone...brewing just outside of Papillion here and just found this Nebraska Forum after lurking around here for the past year and a half. I have been brewing for almost two years, started AG at the beginning of 2013 and absolutely love it.

I have a question for anyone out there willing to answer. What are the benefits, main reasons, etc. for joining a homebrew club? Not trying to be a snob, I have just never been to an event/meeting/etc and my curiosity has peaked.

I will say this, I have entered two competitions at a local brewery and did fairly well at the second. At the first competition awards ceremony, I will be honest that I felt and was treated (by SOME) like I was an outcast and didn't belong. Could have been that I was the "new guy" and was getting the "new guy" stare (I know this well as I grew up in a family owned dive bar). Nonetheless, wanted to know what the deal was with the brew clubs before I attend and feel even more like an outsider.

Open for any and all information folks have to give.

Cheers!

Junkie,

I've been in the Railroaders for about a year and still feel like I am viewed as an outsider/newbie. Just the way it goes I guess.

The benefits of being a member are actually pretty decent in my opinion. Emails are always flying around about equipment for sale, free admission to some of the fantastic beer festivals here in Omaha, bus trips to visit breweries and some of the many group buys that are going on. During the winter months, they host monthly meetings that include competitions.

Overall, not a bad investment if you can get past that awkward outsider stage.

Cheers

Greg

Hey everyone...brewing just outside of Papillion here and just found this Nebraska Forum after lurking around here for the past year and a half. I have been brewing for almost two years, started AG at the beginning of 2013 and absolutely love it.

I have a question for anyone out there willing to answer. What are the benefits, main reasons, etc. for joining a homebrew club? Not trying to be a snob, I have just never been to an event/meeting/etc and my curiosity has peaked.

I will say this, I have entered two competitions at a local brewery and did fairly well at the second. At the first competition awards ceremony, I will be honest that I felt and was treated (by SOME) like I was an outcast and didn't belong. Could have been that I was the "new guy" and was getting the "new guy" stare (I know this well as I grew up in a family owned dive bar). Nonetheless, wanted to know what the deal was with the brew clubs before I attend and feel even more like an outsider.

Open for any and all information folks have to give.

Cheers!

The biggest benefit of joining a club is the connections and social aspects of it in my opinion. You meet people with similar interests and hobbies, you learn new methods, you get introduced to other people in the beer community.

Im a member of the railroaders and enjoy it but I'm not always a completely active member.

Thanks guys for the feedback and to those that sent me a private message. I definitely understand why folks join clubs. Makes sense to me. I may give one a shot after all.

Thanks!

I just relocated to the Millard area from out west. I know that there are a few clubs in the area and am looking for suggestions.

I just relocated to the Millard area from out west. I know that there are a few clubs in the area and am looking for suggestions.

Sent you a pm regarding our club 402's, but there are several in the area.

Railroaders
South Omaha Brewers (SOBs)
German American Society Brew Club (they have a specific name, I just know I would butcher it)
Omahops

I believe there are a couple more around as well, I'm just not familiar with them.

Let me know if you have any questions. Hopefully some other guys will chime in with info on the other clubs too

Back