cider newb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxywashere

Reaction score
Thinking of making some mulled cider from Christmas. First time doing it, so i'm using store bought juice. So far i've only kit brewed beer so i'm apprehensive abouth this. I'm folllowing a recipe and it says "use yeast", Its a 4 1/2 litre batch would it be suitable to use a full pack of this Youngs Cider Yeast? This is the link if you could be bothered to copy and paste: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cider-Yea...390249850319?pt=Home_Brew&hash=item5adcb425cf

Do you use the full sachet of yeast or do you have to measure a specific amount depending on the batch size?

+1 Using full packet works fine for 4.5l

IMHO, Youngs cider yeast makes a very dry cider which requires some aging to be really good. Youngs Ale yeast might be a better choice to have something drinkable by Christmas. Nottingham is another great choice. If you are in the UK, Gervins English Ale is the same strain for half the price. Brupaks Ale is another good UK ale for producing a cider that doesnt need a lot of aging. Best yeast to use depends on juice so YMMV. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back