• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 3-Liter Growler from Stone Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiril811

Reaction score
I was watching Modern Marvels they had a special on large amounts of food/drinks. In the show stone brewery showed their 3-Liter bottles of arrougant Bastard and I was impressed. Any ways they showed this bottle on the show and I really want one for my bar. Can anyone help me? I will pay shipping and handling plus the price of the bottle.

I actually just saw one of these (Double Bastard) in a store in Cleveland a few weeks back. It was outrageously priced in my opinion ($89.99 for the 3 liter bottle). Not sure if it's still there. I'm only up there occasionally so I can't really buy/ship it right now...but if you're up for a drive or know somebody up in Cleveland that could pick it up for you, I could give you the store name/location.

Here's a Picture I took of the bottle.

I have seen gallon Stone growlers but I think your talking about a magnum bottle?

that's a crazy state law about only filling with the product listed on the label. i mean, i understand at the time of original sale the importance of proper labeling... that's actually a federal thing i think... but for a refill that YOU as the owner of the bottle seek yourself, you wouldn't think it would matter.

I have the 2003 edition, year 6. I have not consumed the beer, but I do not know if it is still good. The 2 liter bottles are $30 from Northern Brewer. I don't know what you had in mind for a price.

i have an 08. I talked to stones local rep a few weeks ago.. and he said that the beer actually ages extremely well.. my problem is i dont want to drink it b/c the bottle is so bad ass

Last time I went to the stone brewery they sold those 3L in the store. As I recall they were frickin' expensive, so the $89 for double arrogant CrazedArmadillo posted seems about right. I don't get there very often, otherwise I'd offer to check the price and get one/ship to OP.

that's a crazy state law about only filling with the product listed on the label. i mean, i understand at the time of original sale the importance of proper labeling... that's actually a federal thing i think... but for a refill that YOU as the owner of the bottle seek yourself, you wouldn't think it would matter.

agreed!!!what else would you expect from the land of fruits and nuts(ca)

Federal law says nothing about having a growler labeled at all, with certain restrictions. If the growler is filled in advance (the customer comes in, they get it out of the back and hand it to them), then all labeling rules apply: government warning, size labeling, brewery name and address, etc.

If the growler is filled on the spot (customer buys new growler, or brings one of their own in), then the growler is treated as a large pint glass, and the feds don't care about the labeling.

This info was straight from the mouth of the guy who does all the label approval for the TTB. State rules may apply though, as they do in California.

Latest posts

Back