What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last one. Ill be ok, til next year without another sixer I guess. :( Plenty of other good beer out there to worry about in the mean time. Ill go with that. Really like how flavorful yet sessionable this is.

ska.jpg

It's either what's left of my last (& final?) extract batch after kegging my first all-grain batch tonight, or a glass of Boston Lager. Hell, at this point I cannot tell the difference! :drunk:

Eh. That's kind of a long story. But hopefully it pays off in the long run.

Fair enough. A toast to it paying off in the long run! :mug:

A 2012 bottle of Narwhal. I honestly don't remember how it was fresh, but I am digging it now. Smooth, slightly boozy, coffee, toffee, toasty. Might grab a 4 pack of '13 if there's still some available for building up a vertical.

20140104_223500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Ending budget beer night with a Glenmorangie 10 neat.
Might have a small dram of Laphroaig 10 if this goes down fast enough.

Hail to the yeah! to tha chief. Solid deliciousness. I dont know man, this may be kicking two hearted and a few other of my favorates out of line. Very delicious ipa,my kinda ipa.

saga.jpg

SWMBO got a Weeping Angel locally bottled by Raleigh Brewing. She did not like it. I tasted it and commented "All the bitterness with none of the flavor." and she agreed. I'm not a pro at beer critiques and Beer Advocate had several reviews that were positive and very flowery...but I know what I don't like. If this is representative of a "kolsch", then I am not a fan.

Bathtub (or storage tub full of ice)!!
Oh now I follow! I may. We'll see.
I keep wanting to try that, but I've heard from others it's not worth the $16 4 pack price tag. Do you think it's wotj $16 for a 4 pack?

If it were me I'd brew and make my chiller during the mash.
PM me your address and I'll send a can. I have two left. I paid 9.99 for 4 in California.
It's only $12 here... and worth every penny.

This.

It's definitely delicious.

More of my cider. It kicked my ass I think. I'm tired. 48 of my pale ale, 51 cider, and clean up.

SWMBO got a Weeping Angel locally bottled by Raleigh Brewing. She did not like it. I tasted it and commented "All the bitterness with none of the flavor." and she agreed. I'm not a pro at beer critiques and Beer Advocate had several reviews that were positive and very flowery...but I know what I don't like. If this is representative of a "kolsch", then I am not a fan.
I've spent more time there than I care to admit and never heard of that beer. Where did it come from?

My blueberry wine about a week or two bottled, pissed my preagnant wife off by having her smell it. I thought it was too dry and tart on the sample but now it at only a few weeks bottled is not as tart and even has a bit of sweetness as well as pronounced blueberry aroma. If this comes along any better than it is now,well then Im in for a hell of a good wine. I actually thought it was too tart and dry on the sample but it seems to becoming something of beauty now and wow! Holy crap. Wife is pissed at me though right now, I feel bad but I will have some great wine when she is done breastfeeding. My bad. Or goood. It must be good cuz she is angry as hell at me. Hmmm.. think Im about to venture on to my newly bottled blackberry wine now. And... now I am in trouble with the pregnant wife. I tired, I let her eat ice cream at least.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388896828.522418.jpg

My Bourbon Barrel (makers + med. oak chips) Chocolate Porter! Damn this has merged nicely now! Only took since beginning of November until now to taste like one of my top 10 ever! Can't wait to keep enjoying it over the next month and see how it keeps evolving! Cheers!

Petrus Aged Pale, had an Orval and a Dupont Saison with dinner too.

For the Petrus: I have to admit I do not think I am 100% into the true sours just yet. I love saisons and brett beers and enjoy trappists, but really sour beers my palate cannot really differentiate yet. Not that it tastes bad, just that it doesn't taste special to me. Maybe someday my palate will learn.

Having some water after some celebratory brews. Very successful brewday today overshooting my efficiency expectations and getting 10gal of 1.155og wort that will be a ridiculous russian imperial stout. Hopefully the triple pitch of yeast can handle it...

My dog is currently running around the house like a mad lady. I'm drinking too much, as per usual. That's how it is going.

My dog is currently running around the house like a mad lady. I'm drinking too much, as per usual. That's how it is going.

Just don't switch "dog" and "lady" there.

Finishing my Petrus Aged Pale

Had a few jack and cokes at the K-state game which couldnt have turned out better, who's marcus smart? Then had my first wookey jack :D, tallgrass 8-bit, Santa fe black IPA, titan IPA, gentleman jack &coke, and finally a freshly bottled cinnamon apfelwein

2014-01-04 18.48.03.jpg

Just got off work and having a SNPA with a late night snack. Debating on what to open next since spike decided to air a star wars marathon. Thought I was going to bed early but the empire has crushed that idea

Don't get too much smokiness that normally comes along with the regular version but just the right hint of vanilla is making this a pretty nice dessert

Strangely enough the aroma of that reminded me of Swiss Miss! Not a bad beer, but I think I would have liked it more without the vanilla.

Back