What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gravity sample of my Nelson Sauvin Saison. Much better reading after dry hopping. All the way down to 1.004 with 3726PC. Its pretty awesome funkay and veeeerry hoppy. Cant wait to bottle! :ban:

ForumRunner_20131029_221722.jpg

I'm now drinking Earp's Original Sarsaparilla. I forgot I had this in the fridge. It was a bit disappointing flavor wise. Not a lot of sarsaparilla flavor to it. More like root beer, IMO. It's somewhat better with the rum I poured in it after tasting.

Dave37 said:
Dang this is good. A nice fresh can (10/22/13) and a nice bitterness followed by dank resinous hoppy flavor. I much prefer dank hop flavor over the citrusy type. A combo of the two is nice but of an IpA goes one way I much prefer it to be resinous.

This 6er should be gone quickfast.

That's the Ahtanum FWH and Simcoe dry hop. I am convinced that Ahtanum is the signature flavor, so much so that I will be doing a Ahtanum Saison in the very near future. The flavor from a fresh Jai Alai is unmistakeable.

Arrogant Bastard Ale. I bought one for my younger son, because he's never tried it. He took one sip and handed it back, and I didn't bother to argue with him.:mug:

That's the Ahtanum FWH and Simcoe dry hop. I am convinced that Ahtanum is the signature flavor, so much so that I will be doing a Ahtanum Saison in the very near future. The flavor from a fresh Jai Alai is unmistakeable.

Ahtanum makes a good saison. I use it in a lot of my hoppy beers too. It's very versatile

Question for group. Are Goose Island's Lolita, Juliet and Gillian worth the steep price tag? We just got some in the store today, but they are $19, $25 and $30 respectively. I'd like to try them, but it's hard to justify in the name of simply trying new beer. I'd like to have a relatively good assurance that they are good first.

I wouldn't pay half that. I'd rather have JP and at that price I'd rather have 2 JP. For 30$ I can throw in another $5 and get two bottles of 3F or Tilquin when I can find them.

Hey Allen did you get a lot of citrus from your Nelson saison? It hit me big when I had that sample but maybe its the 3726 or the temp of the beer. (Never used NS before)

Should I send you my PayPal addy dolphinboy?

yeeeeeesssss :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Sure, if y'all need a dollar that badly I'll send it to you.

I wouldn't pay half that. I'd rather have JP and at that price I'd rather have 2 JP. For 30$ I can throw in another $5 and get two bottles of 3F or Tilquin when I can find them.

Thanks for weighing in. I've still got a few days until pay day to decide.

allenH said:

I've never used Ahtanum hops before. Looks like they will be getting used in my next pale ale or IPA when I decide to brew one. You definitely know your jai alai. Kind of a corny drinking night since I have work tomorrow morning. Finishing up this 2nd jai alai and calling it a night. Cheers!

IDK why but someone (probably not here) suggested that I try SCrewybrewer and that wont be happening ever again. Northernbrewer seems to be the exact same as about ten others I saw and are closer to the 5 oz per 5 gallon. I think I used 2oz in this brown :(

What numbers (temp/volume/desired vol CO2) did you input on that site to get 2 oz? The default values (2.5 vols/70 deg/5 gal) spits out 4.47 oz, which jives with NB's.

Spent all day researching and pricing 3bbl electric brew-houses with 6bbl fermenters and brites along with glycol systems. I'm now trying to treat my headache with a liter or 2 of saison

Joy,joy,I twisted my ankel while walking the dog. Swollen but I don't think i broke anything.
Icing it down and having a HB porter, I'll see what it looks like in the morning.

Sucks, man. You're gonna have a yellow/green/purple/black/blue ballooned ankle and foot by the end of tomorrow. Should probably see a Dr. at least for the Vicodin prescription because the last time I had a sprain like that it hurt like a *****.

Totally got my ass handed to me while "at" work today. Basically a 12 marathon of troubleshooting problem after problem while each problem solved spawns at least two new problems! So, my list started at 10 problems, now at the end of the day, it's close to 30 issues! I'm starting to get a little overwhelmed and discouraged. My boss is trying to be supportive, but there's not much else he can do but just stay out of my way which he's doing a pretty good job of. So, to cap of this sh!tty day, I'm going for the last shot of Crown Maple and staring at the TV. My brain is off. And I'm tired of looking at this damned computer screen!! [/rant]

Have a good night HBT land. I may check in later to make sure you fools aren't burning the place down. ;)

Sorry to hear that - those days definitely suck! Hopefully a fresh mind will knock out some of those issues this morning :mug:

Having coffee...

BrewinHooligan said:
Spent all day researching and pricing 3bbl electric brew-houses with 6bbl fermenters and brites along with glycol systems. I'm now trying to treat my headache with a liter or 2 of saison
Who are you looking at? Stout, PKW, and Glacier?

0 tea thirty here.

morning coffee... woke up to my stirplate not spinning... looked at it a bit then gave up and needed to head to work... this gives me something to work on tonight- i wonder if my starter will be ok today just in the flask not spinning... oh well

Latest posts

Back