• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Sanke center tube spear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajwillys

Reaction score
Hey,
I'm looking for the center dip tube/spear from your sanke keg that you turned into a keggle. I keg all my beer in sanke's and I did a root beer. Afterward, the seals on the spear smelled like root beer and I was concerned they might ruin the beer. I used some chemicals to try and remove the smell (mostly bleach and/or baking soda) and it somehow managed to rust the ball of the spear.

Anyways, I know a bunch of you have these spears just lying around from your keggles and I want them! If possible, I'd like two so that I can have one for root beer and one to replace the one I ruined. They make different sizes and the one I need is the most common (the kind A-B uses) at 21-3/4" long. It's the kind used in most standard 1/2 and 1/6 kegs.

Of course, I'm willing to pay you something for your time/energy and shipping. Just let me know what you think is fair.

Thanks for looking!

I've got two of these... One is from an A-B keg, and the other is from an old Coors fatboy keg. I'm brewing this morning, so I'll check these out when I hit the garage in a few minutes and get back to you. My trash is your treasure!

Hey, that is awesome! Someone pm'ed me and said they might still have some (they have to check) but actually, more is better. I'm sure I'll ruin/wear them out eventually. I'll PM you for the details. Thanks!

Just the spear with the ball? I've got one from an AB keg lying around. I can bring it Saturday to the grain pickup if you want it.

Just the spear with the ball? I've got one from an AB keg lying around. I can bring it Saturday to the grain pickup if you want it.

Yeah, just the spear. I wasn't planning on coming to the grain pickup (I missed out), but I can. I'll shoot you a PM and perhaps we can arrange another time. Saturday mornings are not the best.

Hey, thanks for the offer. I'm thinking I might be good. If not, I'll update this post.

What a response! Gotta love HBT!

Reelale, bring the spear to the grain pick-up. I can get it into ajwillys hands. I live pretty damn close to Holly Springs.

I've got one too. I live right up 55 so I'm sure I could get it to you eventually. It's dirty as hell but one more can't hurt I suppose. I have no use for it regardless.

If anyone has extras I am looking for 3 of them. Not to be greedy but I thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks

I'm looking for two sanke spear assemblies with the coupler still attached and everything. Basically, the piece that you cut out to make your keggle. I only need about an inch of metal on each side of the coupler. Let me know if you have any, it would help a lot. I am in Boulder, CO if anyone is local. Thanks!

Andrew

I'm looking for two sanke spear assemblies with the coupler still attached and everything. Basically, the piece that you cut out to make your keggle. I only need about an inch of metal on each side of the coupler. Let me know if you have any, it would help a lot. I am in Boulder, CO if anyone is local. Thanks!

Andrew

Hey Andrew,

I have two of them if you feel like driving out to Aurora. PM me.

shoot just batted mine against a tree on the way to the garbage in order to bend it in half.. Would of sent to you just for shipping.

I'd like to get my hands on 4 of these spears...anybody else have any? I'd happily pay for shipping and your time, etc. Shoot me a PM

Nate

I just pulled 2 from my new fermenters - Both AB
Complete with spiral-ring-thingy and gasket.

Both are in dire need of cleaning - One sat in a bud-light filled keg for 4 years at room temp...

First PM wins, You pay shipping

Back