Love 2 drive fast? this is bad a$$

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This guy puts is just about as good as it gets. I love to drive FAST! I race super karts for fun and this guy puts me to shame!
My step dad just bought one of these cars. I had the thrill of watching him almost crap his pants when I took him for a ride in his new WRX. LOL wet roads and all.:rockin:
Watch it all, its impressive!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs-jAImScms&feature=related]YouTube - Ken Block Gymkhana Practice[/ame]

I wish my WRX had 530 whp. :( Ken Block is an amazing driver. it's a shame rally isn't very popular here.

I wish my WRX had 530 whp.
LOL ya no $#!t. Nothing money can't buy! And that’s WHP that’s probably 800+ at the crank! Can you imagine what its like to drive that car. I mean I LOVE to drive and I'm fairly good at it. But that’s just crazy killer:rockin:

I love to drive fast too, once passed someone on the highway doing 80 OVER the speedlimit. The speedlimit was 70. :D

I can only imagine that guy still tells a story about how he was just cruising along at 75mph and he heard this ROAR as a Red Camaro passed him easily doing 150. Probably damn near sucked him off the road with the resulting drop in pressure.

EDIT: *This was done on a closed course, no animals were hurt in the making of this made up story.*

I love the STI's. I almost bought one a couple years ago. I actually have a few friends that have them to. In fact a couple weekends ago and friend of my ran into a damn bolder with it up in the mountains.

WRX'es are great little cars. Mine's an early allocation 2002 bugeye -- there weren't many in the states when I got mine.

Now it's got 119,000 miles on it, and still runs great. jds loves his Subarus.

I own an 06 STi but I could barely do anything he did in that video. Maybe its the 200 more hp's he has, or the full rally suspension, or the insane talent that takes. I'm happy with my 12sec daily driver. Btw sick video of him jumping an sti on a motocross course. Youtube it!

some of the best things bout germany

note the odometer.

P1030059.jpg

P1030054.jpg

***note it should be noted that i am not the one taking the photos, i dont care what the rearview mirror makes it look like No one was hurt and this was on a limit access motor way(aka AutoBhan)****

some of the best things bout germany

note the odometer.
QUOTE]

I cant read the odometer :)

I think he is pointing out there is only 124 Mi on the car and he is running at about 120.. LOL that’s cool. I am a speed freak too! I have a 125cc Kart that tops out at about 110 MPH but I can go from 0 to 80 in about 7-8 sec. and you want to talk about cornering. It’s a total WOW factor:D

I think he is pointing out there is only 124 Mi on the car and he is running at about 120.. LOL that’s cool. I am a speed freak too! I have a 125cc Kart that tops out at about 110 MPH but I can go from 0 to 80 in about 7-8 sec. and you want to talk about cornering. It’s a total WOW factor:D

I saw that but I didnt know if that was a trip odo. I thought he meant to say speedometer and I was just screwing with him

i know its hard to read, but is the normal odo on the first day i owned it, and it reads 72.5 miles(not trip) so much for keeping it under 65 for the first 500miles. Hell this is the 4 or 5th V8 I've owned and i drive all of them like i stole them. and never had any issues.

I had a 2006 Audi A6 Turbo Diesel for a rental in Germany and had it up to 156 mph.

I've run both my BMWs (318 and 530) over 140 plenty of times when I lived in Germany.

I had my '09 Toyota Camry SE up to 143 with plenty of pedal left. I don't know how fast it'll do...

Damn! That thing is fast!!! I really wanted a STi when I bought my last car in '06, but SWMBO just wouldn't go for it, so I ended up with a Mazda 6. I'm going to keep trying for the STi...

Note the next pic of the actual GPS based speed... Although I'm wondering why it isn't tacked pointing down at you saying 'FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T HIT SOMETHING!' :) I wish I could drive as fast as I wanted to... Although there is a great huge vacant parking lot near me I visit after a good dusting; mmm doughnuts...

It's pretty impressive driving... I actually had the opportunity to do a gravel track hot lap in a WRC spec car and I have to say that these cars are insane (not to mention the drivers!). The acceleration these cars are capable of allmost seem to defy the laws of nature.

I fully understand this reporter's reaction to a hot lap in a WRC spec car:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhCUCTn4zOc]YouTube - Top Speed.... Rally sport videoclip[/ame]

Just to give you a hint of what it feels like, here's a clip with onboard footage from the finnish rally:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMLbn4PmGes]YouTube - (HD)Onboard Petter Solberg Subaru Impreza WRC Finland Rally 2004 - Ouninpohja p1[/ame]

The coolest with this clip is the co-driver. Imagine taking in all that information from the co-driver at that speed...

H

A couple of my GPS trips.

CI-8002.jpg

DSCN1735.jpg

I actually got my new car up to 164 on the back straightaway at Poconos speedway. :rockin:

did that trip calc come with that gps? or did you add it on later, if you added it on later, do you know if its works on the tomtom 910 or 920t?

did that trip calc come with that gps? or did you add it on later, if you added it on later, do you know if its works on the tomtom 910 or 920t?

If you are asking me-It comes standard on the 500 IWAY. The great thing about Lowrance is the free updates.:fro:

Back