You ever sit back and marvel at the fact that all of us can make beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just talking to my LHBS owner, and also marveling at this fact! Not only that I can make it, but it's not that hard...and it's great beer! Cheers! :mug:

Exactly, DeadYetiBrew. Not all of us are pretty enough to take up the world's oldest profession if civilization crumbled.

im just glad to know that if the world ends tomorrow, as long as i get the ingredients i can make alcohol....

Yeah, but I'm guessing that when the world ends, all of the barley and hop growers, the maltsters, and wyeast and white labs will probably go out of business

Yeah, but I'm guessing that when the world ends, all of the barley and hop growers, the maltsters, and wyeast and white labs will probably go out of business

That's why my survival plan involves, after raiding a walmart for a shotgun, ammo, and a chainsaw, fighting my way through the zombie hordes and setting up my new kingdom in an lhbs...I'll start trading un-infected "barley water" for nubile and attractive females....

Someone's gotta start re-populating the new world...:ban:

I'll have to harvest yeast after awhile and grow barley and hops on the roof top...but who said being an emperor would be easy.

That's why my survival plan involves, after raiding a walmart for a shotgun, ammo, and a chainsaw, fighting my way through the zombie hordes and setting up my new kingdom in an lhbs...I'll start trading un-infected "barley water" for nubile and attractive females....

Someone's gotta start re-populating the new world...:ban:

I'll have to harvest yeast after awhile and grow barley and hops on the roof top...but who said being an emperor would be easy.

You may want to plan ahead and get your shotgun and chainsaw now, because depending on how far away from walmart you live, it may be hard to get through the zombie hordes.

You may want to plan ahead and get your shotgun and chainsaw now, because depending on how far away from walmart you live, it may be hard to get through the zombie hordes.

Good thinking!!!!!!

bruce-campbell-evil-dead.jpg

(Now I do intend to dress better though. No one's gonna trade wenches for magic barley water to a bum dontcha know.)

Now the question is, can I make the chainsaw run on alcohol???

I can get to a Walmart on my bicycle in about 4 minutes. Fraggin' zombies don't stand a chance.

I wonder if I could grow barley in my back yard?

I can get to a Walmart on my bicycle in about 4 minutes. Fraggin' zombies don't stand a chance.

I wonder if I could grow barley in my back yard?

Trouble is, you don't want to make your signs of civilization appear too obvious...don't want to draw too much attention to yourself...You'll either get zombies OR worse, other survivors bent on stealing your horde and your harem....

That's why I'm going for rooftop urban planting...

Start by raiding walmart and other stores for unmalted barley...Rice, oats and corn- even canned corn (yes you'll be using a lot of adjuncts initially.) You can use that stuff to make the grain you raid from the lhbs go further....

Not to mention apple juice since Apfelwien is quick, and will help win over the masses (especially the nubile wenches).

Make sure to print off some of the info on home malting your own grain now before you lose power...Learning how it was done by the eqyptians and sumerians is a must as well...since we'll be back to that lifestyle once the food in the fridges rot.

Build up your kingdom till you have enough followers, then you can have your serfs plant barley and guard it for you...

Also remember for wood...ALways go for Telephone Poles before trees!!!!!

:mug:

WOW! Even Post Apocalypse, you guys can't stop frequenting Wal Mart?

I am loyal to Mom and Pop, and will raid their stores first!

Raid.....or patronize? I would expect the moms and pops to be packing heat a whole lot more than any Wal Wart employee(at least around here....;)).

I think Wall Marts and other mega-stores will probably be easier to loot just from sheer size. Can't stop everybody.

You know, you could just call the guys in DC area to deal with it!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=67436&highlight=zombie

If the day does come, I am going back to VA Beach. They have a home depot there, that's where I'll go first. I can build fortified walls, as well as a bridge to cross the street to.... WALMART!!!! Theres also a sports authority right next door. I figure that in a weeks time, with a few hands, I could bridge the street, fight my way to walmart, and survive for at least a few months before having to try and settle. The lack of Revvy's magic barley water would be a hard thingto live with out though....

To beer and the brewers that make it all possible!:mug:

It really is pretty neat. I try and explain how simple (at least how simple extract brewing) is to people and they look at me like I'm crazy; then I show them, and they can't believe how simple it really is. :rockin:

Beer is one of the few things that turns out well in spite of the care it receives.

So true. Or the amount of equipment used in the process.

If plants = thistles & blackberries, I'll agree there as well.

Back