Crazy damned wives

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 6 month old and a 3 yr old means that you're both sleep deprived, peace deprived, and sex deprived. She has weird hormones coursing though her body making her think weird thoughts. You are stretched thin and working double time and can't get a moment to think straight. That sucks. In 2 more years you'll all be happy again. Suck it up, be a good dad and husband to the best of your ability and treasure the good moments. It gets better.

+1. Before his first baby, my best friend asked me what was the one piece of advice I would give a soon to be dad. It to him to be prepared for exactly what you just described. I've worked triples and not been as tired as I was after a good nights sleep with a new baby. You think it's not that bad, but months of nightly sleep interruptions really starts to add up and affect your mental state.

+1. Before his first baby, my best friend asked me what was the one piece of advice I would give a soon to be dad. It to him to be prepared for exactly what you just described. I've worked triples and not been as tired as I was after a good nights sleep with a new baby. You think it's not that bad, but months of nightly sleep interruptions really starts to add up and affect your mental state.

Ditto this. The sleep deprivation, the constantly being needed ... and add in the fact that they don't feel comfortable leaving their kids with other people, the wife is working outside the home AND she's dealing with her mom's immigration issues ... sounds like she's mega-stressed and overtired.

(Incidentally, I will pause here to be grateful for my in-laws. No matter HOW insane my MIL makes me, she is always happy to watch the kids and takes great care of them.)

Ditto this. The sleep deprivation, the constantly being needed ... and add in the fact that they don't feel comfortable leaving their kids with other people, the wife is working outside the home AND she's dealing with her mom's immigration issues ... sounds like she's mega-stressed and overtired.

(Incidentally, I will pause here to be grateful for my in-laws. No matter HOW insane my MIL makes me, she is always happy to watch the kids and takes great care of them.)

Ohhhhh. How I WISH we had a more solidified family. Sad bit is, my MIL is more BSC than my wife. Having her in the house is NOT going to be fun for anyone. She's literally put a child on the poarch casue it wouldn;t stop crying.

That child was my wife. Sure I think stress has a LOT to do with this but, there is also no dismissing that BSC was bred into her. I give the house a week after her mother arrive befoire the walls come crumbling down.

Ohhhhh. How I WISH we had a more solidified family. Sad bit is, my MIL is more BSC than my wife. Having her in the house is NOT going to be fun for anyone. She's literally put a child on the poarch casue it wouldn;t stop crying.

That child was my wife. Sure I think stress has a LOT to do with this but, there is also no dismissing that BSC was bred into her. I give the house a week after her mother arrive befoire the walls come crumbling down.

Oh, wow.

Out of curiosity, where is your wife's family from? (Wondering if there are cultural differences coming into play here.)

Ohh. For sure lots of cultural differences. Wife is from Melacca, Malaysia. Tanjung Kling. Grew up with the villiage Muslim types. BSC is their way of life which is why she left.

Problem here is, my wife is climbing that hill. Finally, has brought something truely astonishing into the world and has no bloodline family to share them with. Down side is every couple years she "forgets" that she can't tolerate her bloodline for more than a week.

True story. Early in our marriage she took a trip home. We couldn;t afford for the both of us to go and I had no vacation time accrued but, she was desparately home sick as she hadn't been home in 5 years. The flight there was 39 hours, she had only had her feet on the ground for 36 before she called begging me to arrange an emergency flight back home.

It's been nearly 3 years since she's been home and her memory has gone to sleep again.

It's a good thing she's pretty and good in bed. Cause she's a lot of crap to deal with.

My mom is the EXACT same way. A few years ago, she was talking about leaving Dad and going to live with my grandmother. She forgets that they can't stand to be in the same room for more than about 12 hours -- inconvenient, since Grandma lives halfway across the country!

Ohh. For sure lots of cultural differences. Wife is from Melacca, Malaysia. Tanjung Kling. Grew up with the villiage Muslim types. BSC is their way of life which is why she left.

Problem here is, my wife is climbing that hill. Finally, has brought something truely astonishing into the world and has no bloodline family to share them with. Down side is every couple years she "forgets" that she can't tolerate her bloodline for more than a week.

True story. Early in our marriage she took a trip home. We couldn;t afford for the both of us to go and I had no vacation time accrued but, she was desparately home sick as she hadn't been home in 5 years. The flight there was 39 hours, she had only had her feet on the ground for 36 before she called begging me to arrange an emergency flight back home.

It's been nearly 3 years since she's been home and her memory has gone to sleep again.

It's a good thing she's pretty and good in bed. Cause she's a lot of crap to deal with.

Yeah, from the picture you posted she is cute.

Hey, I checked out that Muslim matrimony link you have in your profile. On the first women's page there is a very pretty 26 year old looking for a man between the ages of 18-80. What's up with that? I mean, hope for me I guess should I want a pretty 26 year old one day but strange. She also talks about serious long term relationships, with 80 year olds? Wonder why she put the limit at 80? LOL

Hey, I checked out that Muslim matrimony link you have in your profile. On the first women's page there is a very pretty 26 year old looking for a man between the ages of 18-80. What's up with that? I mean, hope for me I guess should I want a pretty 26 year old one day but strange. She also talks about serious long term relationships, with 80 year olds? Wonder why she put the limit at 80? LOL

Huh? Where? What link? Sure it wasn't just an advert?

Not sure about the age limit. Maybe she's figure an 80 year old is less likely to want multiple wives or worse, to play the field. that, and maybe she figures he's more likely to have provisions.

At the bottom of your public profile, it is still there, thought you put it there.

Nope. I think that's an advert. Not there for me. I get a car advert 2010 Fusion Hybrid.

Tempting. Ford is the only maker (of the big 3) that has opted to honor their debts.

FYI.....you are not alone on the crazy wife issue. I too am living the experience. I am also not allowed to take charge of the kids then criticized for not helping enough. Several times I've had to leave for a few hours, usually straight to the bar.

I am safe there. Plus, we are "allowed" up to 5 wives. She says to make sure the next one is wealthy. If it has anything to do with beer she avoids it. Some cute faces there.

Watch out tho'. The head cover is actually a protective shield that keeps the lazer beams from burning a hole through your cranium.

Well, I'm Catholic, and I would be DELIGHTED if my husband added a wife. I'd be cool with sharing as long as she helped clean and take care of the kids :)

GMB, I would definitely (gently!) suggest that she seems to be really stressed out and that it might be helpful to her to talk to someone. Do NOT imply that you think she's crazy (even if you do) ... but present it in a way that says, "I'm worried about you."

The right combination of medication and therapy can make a world of difference. (Ask my husband, LOL! If I weren't on meds, I doubt we'd have ever made it to the altar, let alone STAYED married.)

Thank-you for giving the physiological treatment angle from experience.;)

My ex took Zoloft without my knowledge (I had gone to my doctor for advice, he said he couldn't just tell her or make her, but she had asked him for a script, I suspect after careful hints at the subject) at Christmas, and it was like night and day from before and I had no idea why she was so different. It was like living with your aunt or grandma, she was so nice, but it made her sleep a lot, so instead of getting something different, she just quit and sought no further treatment. All hell again broke loose again, on a constant basis.

And what LGI said.:mug:

Are you implying that it takes two women to polish the average knob?

No. But it would be niceto have a QC Inspector available to ensure everything gets polished properly and frequently.

Think of it like an assembly line. The primary cleaner does the bulk of the polishing while the secondary follows up periodically with the occasional buff while also ensuring said knobs are kept in the proper bins and controlling potential loose or missing screws.

Then decide which position you prefer. Union labor or Upper Management.

FYI.....you are not alone on the crazy wife issue. I too am living the experience. I am also not allowed to take charge of the kids then criticized for not helping enough. Several times I've had to leave for a few hours, usually straight to the bar.

Been there, done that, for years.

I couldn't ever park in a good enough place in a parking lot.

More unsolicited advice: two women are 4 times the trouble of one.

True!

And if you are crazy enough to have them in the same house you'll find biology plays tricks on a brother. They'll cycle together eventually. But you'll never see it coming til one day you realize your screwed but yet, you won't be.

The dream is nice. The reality is purgatory! I am just saying.

Back