Corny instead of a spray bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
I was sitting here lamenting about how bad those hand held spray bottles suck for using product like star san because they always seem to stop working when you need them.

While watching some window tinters work around my office i noticed they used a CO2 tank filled wth soapy water to spray down the window. The nozzle they used turned the pressurized liquid into a very nice mist that covered every part of the window it touched thoroughly.

I have extra cornys lying around and am thinking about mixing up 5 gallons of it, charging with CO2 and getting one of those nozzles to turn it into my new sanitizing machine.

Anyone else done this?

Why not an inexpensive 2 gallon garden sprayer? I've priced replacement wands and nozzles for mine, and it's always cheaper just to buy a whole tank.

You might end up carbonating your StarSan. Just go to Lowe's and buy a new spray bottle. I have one 2 years old and it has worked fine every time.

Another option is to get garden sprayer for about $25 like this and pump and go.

pACE-962099reg.jpg

Lowes Huh Ed? Never bought one from there, the ones i have purchased in the past last about 2 months then stop working. Annoying for sure. I would just put enough CO2 in one to charge it for the time i would use it then do it again a week later when i needed it again.

Hmmmm. i will give a spray bottle from lowes a try, if that dosent work im done with those plastic pieces of crap.

using a corny is no big cost for me since i have 20 of the bastards lying around now and only have been able to get 8 filled at one time due to drinking and brewing not often enough lately.

Yep, just check in the cleaning supplies section where the buckets are. They sell 1 liter plastic spray bottles. I bought two (one with red lettering and one with blue lettering) so I could have one dedicated to spraying wort with plain water during the boil to keep the foam down and one for Starsan Sanitzer. Both are industrial quality and are working great!

Back