How often do you drink homebrew???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the_bird said:
I have one beer most nights, maybe two on weekends. I do make sure to specifically *not* have a beer on some random nights, just to prove to myself that this is still a healthy hobby, not a habit.

me thinks the_bird is just in denial thats hes not as bad off as the rest of us. :cross:

Yuri_Rage said:
The local grocery store just started stocking some good stuff. I've never had Chimay (how do you pronounce that, by the way?)

Your grocery store stocks Chimay? Man, where do you shop? The White label is my favorite, it's easy drinking but I have to be careful. It's the alchoholic equivilent of being gently beaten with a lemon wrapped brick. :D My wife loves the red label, but the Blue is...heck, it's all good. My consumption goes up w/the 750ml bottles though. I haven't figured out a way to recork the things.

You know,I've only been brewin' since Aug. and I've been a beer drinker (legally) since 77',and after 8 five gal batches(1 AG) under my belt,I'm lovin beer more than ever with my homebrew,drinking 2 or 3 bottles EVERY night and at least doubling that on weekend days(both!!!).Who would have thunk it?!Life is good with homebrew!I have seen a downside though.MY hunting and fishing have REALLY!!!! suffered!My boat hasn't moved since i started brewing and i haven't shot a deer since either.Can you say "o b s e s s i o n".....Anyway,i'm out of stuff so i guess i gotta hunt or fish this weekend.Darn.Perhaps i should get a grip!?!?;)

Pri.1-ShortBlondeAle
Pri.2-sighs...
Sec.1-NB Amer.Wheat
Sec.2-NB Dunkelweisen
Bottled/Aging/Drinking-B3 Stout,THB NutBrownAle,THB YellowDogAle,THB Oktoberfest
Gone but not forgottten-THB Trad.Wheat

Carne de Perro said:
Your grocery store stocks Chimay? Man, where do you shop? The White label is my favorite, it's easy drinking but I have to be careful. It's the alchoholic equivilent of being gently beaten with a lemon wrapped brick. :D My wife loves the red label, but the Blue is...heck, it's all good. My consumption goes up w/the 750ml bottles though. I haven't figured out a way to recork the things.
Honestly, I had no idea there was more than one "flavor." I only saw one type for sale, and yes, it was at the grocery store. It's a local place called "Lowe's." This town has no liquor stores, but the gas stations and grocery stores have liquor licenses, so they compete with each other. Lowe's is winning IMHO.

boo boo said:
Hi, my name is Boo Boo, and I'm an alcoholic....ooooops wrong forum.

Usually only one per night/day. One growler that is, and sometimes only one keg.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's thirsty around here:tank:

All of you are lushes compared to me!!! :D

I still waiting for the fertility doctor to harvest SWMBO's eggs. After that's done you'll have to do alot a drinking to make me look like a light weight. :cross:

I can say one thing about having to hold off on the drinking, its done wonders to my home brew inventory!!!

cweston said:
I am a textbook moderate daily drinker--I have one beer most weeknights and a couple on weekends.

I drink mostly homebrew, but occasionally get commercial beer for researching what to brew in the future.

I'm just getting back into homebrewing this week; however, I have been drinking a fair amount of the commercial stuff on a daily basis.

I drink between 7-12 bottles of ale everyday - sometimes more.

It's all good.

drinker:mug:

Back